What's new

Visit the 1964 web site (info on 1964 1.0)

scotty

The Great One
its coming soon, at least we have some good news. It looks like DK64 is almost ready to be played perfecty by the public, I like it.

99% of games should work, perhaps I can play Body Harvest without all those errors

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I think you may have misunderstood that one Scotty

It's not that 99% of ALL games are playable now, it's just that 99% of the games that 1964 can play will use the 32bit core

Either way though, I thought Body Harvest is working now in 1964?

mojo

Hey, AMD will release AMD 64 soon. So is that a good news for 1964 emulation? I think N64 also use similar 64 bit structure so 1964 can easily code the emu with AMD 64 than P4. If I say something ridiculous, pls don't blame me.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Rock on, Schibo, Rice. The screenshots for DK64 look excellent, and JFG support will make many people very happy.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
omg you got DK64 to work properly? amazing, simply amazing, this is about the best news i've heard all year, most exciting anyway (n64 related)

revl8er

That Damn Good
It's good to see some new info on version 1.0. I am anxious to test it out. I hope that I can finally play some games such as cruis'n usa and mystical ninja with no lag.

Kethinov

Will the broken Video Speed Sync option be fixed soon? :( It has never seemed to work at all. Games are too fast.

Psicomantis

mojo said:
Hey, AMD will release AMD 64 soon. So is that a good news for 1964 emulation? I think N64 also use similar 64 bit structure so 1964 can easily code the emu with AMD 64 than P4. If I say something ridiculous, pls don't blame me.

But when it arrives to the stores could be a little too expensive, it was created to power servers.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
you don't need such a fast cpu to run 1964 anyway, my athlon xp 2000 can run any game i've tried (n64 ones on PJ64 and 1964) (that don't have known speed issues) perfectly well.

I hope blast corps issues are fixed too, the game runs like a speeding bull going way too fast (at 60 vi's a second it looks like its doing 100vi's)

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
you don't need such a fast cpu to run 1964 anyway, my athlon xp 2000 can run any game i've tried (n64 ones on PJ64 and 1964) (that don't have known speed issues) perfectly well.

I hope blast corps issues are fixed too, the game runs like a speeding bull going way too fast (at 60 vi's a second it looks like its doing 100vi's)

Learn the magic that is CF3.

hurleybird

Psicomantis said:
But when it arrives to the stores could be a little too expensive, it was created to power servers.

only the opteron. The athlon 64 will have desktop processor pricing as well as a low cost low cache "paris" core, possibly duron64 version.

Optimizing for AMD64 is supposedly fairley easy (ut2003 was ported by one progammer in one week to AMD64) the advantages of n64 emulation on a 64-bit system could be huge.

However... these chips need a 64-bit os to run 64-bit software. If they have a 32-bit os they can only run 32-bit software. Microsoft is developing an unreleased version of windows which is AMD64 compatible, the beta can be obtained now, but the actual commercial verion may not be out till late 2003-early2004. Other than that, linux supports AMD64 already.

In any case an AMD64 port couldnt hurt. The program can be ported on normal 32-bit x86 chips as well, thanks to special software.