What's new

Virtual Memory Problem

Pi-chi

I've been a user of Project 64 for some time now, but just recently I've run into a problem that I do not know how to properly fix.

It appears that I have been having some virtual memory problems in general over the past week, which may be thanks to a terrible CoolWebSearch adware trojan and my attempts to remove it, but I do not know.

Now when I try to run Project 64, I receive two messages of the same type stating, "Failed to Allocate Memory." Does anyone know why I am receiving this, and what can be done to fix it?

I am running a Pentium IV 2.4 GHz on Windows XP Home, with 256 MB of actual RAM, and a 128 MB nVIDIA video card. Additionally, I have Norton Internet Security installed. Thanks.

-Peach

EDITS:

Ah, there's already a post about this... That's weird...I thought that I already checked for the similar posts and none were like this... I'll check the other post and see if it fixes the problem. Sorry, I've just been terribly swamped.

Okay, after reading a lot of stuff, I've come to a sub-conclusion...

Project 64 works, but only version 1.4. 1.5 receives the error. What's interesting is that I was able to use 1.5 for a long time. It's very possible that Norton Internet Security has caused the problem, but I'm not really sure. I disabled it but the problem persisted (I suppose just disabling it isn't enough anyway)...

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There are MANY MANY MANY threads about this problem ;) Btw, have you gotten rid of the cws trojan? From experience, I know there's a specifically very annoying hacker program that puts these back when removed.

OP
P

Pi-chi

The CWS trojan is only half gone. I think that it hasn't been able to regenerate the bad dll file anymore, but it does regenerate bad registry entries. I have been looking into getting these problems fixed on the SpywareInfo forum, but no one has been responding to me at all.

As for Project 64, I still find it strange that I was able to use 1.5 all this time, but then recently lost the ability to use it... From messages that I have read in this forum, there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation as to why it's like that...