What's new

Virtual Console roms are the same

arablizzard2

As the title says, the roms on virtual console are no different than the normal roms available now. For example, the extracted rom of The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is identical to the v1.2 U rom, however they use patches with the emulator to change things in the game (much like the high resolution texture option on many video plugins). These are the *.T64 files.

So far the games I've tested (Zelda OOT, F-Zero X, Pokemon Snap) have all been identical to their n64 cart dumps. Don't ask for the files, you'll just have to extract them yourself (and if you want to know how to do that, use google). Any PM's asking for the files or how to get them will be ignored. :satisfied

14ufi4w.jpg

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Mmh.. would be interesting to crack the T64 file format to apply the patches to the roms aswell to have a OoT (Wii) Version. Could be interestion for the Zelda hacking community for example.
Cooliscool?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's not possible at the moment, the signature would be invalidated and there is no public WAD packer. I don't think there's a tool that can recompress .app files yet either.
It's already possible, but would break the law in many ways and could be also really dangerous, because you don't know, whether BigN can check it or not.

OP
A

arablizzard2

Right, I meant it more as it's not possible because there aren't any public tools; with obvious legality issues aside of course. There are wad packers that homebrew developers use for themselves.