What's new

Video trouble

RebirthSeph

Ancient Gamer
In most games, sprites are black or off-colored. I have an 32MB ATI-RAGE 128 Ultra video card, and that could be why. If it is, is there any other way to get another video card that works or use a different plugin that fixes this problem?

OP
RebirthSeph

RebirthSeph

Ancient Gamer
jollyrancher said:
I'm surprised you have an Ati Rage 128 in a P4... you might want to upgrade... if not, try the Glide64 video plugin.

Yeah, I already tried that. The Glide64 slows it down a lot. I'll try again.

Before doing anything: download the newest drivers ( www.ati.com ). Now download PJ64 1.4 and copy the Jabo's d3d7 plugin dll to PJ64 1.5 and select "change blending mode if invalid for video card". Experience the power of your ATI rage 128!

OP
RebirthSeph

RebirthSeph

Ancient Gamer
Ok, I tried that and it says "Not compatiable with current drivers." But... I don't get this, I have the ATI Rage pro... I'll try some more.

[EDIT] I was reading over the video card help guide and it says that the driver was powered by ATI because it came with the computer, so I can't upgrade it. Now I have to contact Dell. Bah...

Last edited:

flow``

flow``
the ati radeon series only apply to radeon series cards. your probably downloading the wrong ones..

OP
RebirthSeph

RebirthSeph

Ancient Gamer
Well, right now I've figured out that I have to update my driver from my computer company, Dell, instead of the ATI homepage. Having problems with that now.