What's new

Video/Stability Problem

Nukey

Hey,

Im having a little problem here and I was wondering if you knew what might be wrong.

I have installed the Dolphin emulator, and I have ripped a gc disc with MagicISO (Into Bin/Cue format).

Anyway, I have the latest DirectX (9.0c) and an ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB card.

Whenever I try to load the image into Dolphin, it comes up "Booting", then "Unable to create 3D device", then a couple of seconds later the program error reporting message comes up saying it needs to close. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the card, the DirectX, and ripped the disc twice. I have changed Dolphin's settings to all different combinations to see if that was causing the problem.

Sorry, I am new to this, and your help is much appreciated.

Also, when I put the GC disc in the PC, it comes up in My Computer as "DVD ROM", but when I open it there's nothing in there. Could it be that the drive isn't reading/ripping it properly? When I rip it the BIN file is 1.65GB, so my assumption is it's ripping it OK. Ive tried several ways to rip it to ISO but it says it can't read the track information. My guess the GC disc uses a different filing system to other discs, or something. I do have ASPI installed seperately.

On the configuration settings for the card I have tried all different combinations. It says "This card should work great".

When the game is loaded in Dolphin's list, it says "No Banner" and there's no game information. Could this be a number of different problems at once? could it be the CD Drive? or the graphics? I have tried several different games but with no luck.

Thank you so much for your help,

-Nukey

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
First things first, you posted the same exact question 3 times in 3 different threads, so just hit post once, ok? Secondly, no PC CD/DVD drive can read original retail Gamecube games, so you may as well throw that image file out. The only way to extract an image is by using a Gamecube netowrked to a PC and some special apps and a certain game..... But discussion of this is prohibited here, so google it, you'll find what you need to know.

OP
N

Nukey

Oops

I am sorry for the extra posting, the internet went down here as it was sending, and it's done it 3 times, my mistake. Can someone delete the other ones plz? :) thanks

Last edited:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
perhaps reading this thread will clear things up:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=18442

Q: How do i use my legally owned GC discs?
A: You can't, these GC discs aren't compatible with your DVD drive

Q: I get a "Direct3d device creation failed" error what should i do?
A: Try switching to REF in the dolphin video plugin settings, if it doesn't work, it might be because you have an old video card and you should probably change or you are using old drivers, update them

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Nukey said:
I am sorry for the extra posting, the internet went down here as it was sending, and it's done it 3 times, my mistake. Can someone delete the other ones plz? :) thanks
Just so you know, you can delete your duplicate posts. Just choose edit at the bottom of the post and then choose "delete post".;)

onemustfall

Beta tester wanabe
Dolphin emulator is still in progress... the video problems show up even on my nvidia 7800 pci-express videocard.