What's new

video problem

Link15

i usually use pj64 but wanted to try 1964 because so many people say its faster but it isnt working for me. everything works accept the video stays at 0%. i wouldnt know where to start to fix this cuz i dont really know anything about 1964. anyone have a suggestion on what i should do or what video plugin i should use?

OP
L

Link15

i dont know my specs, but what video plugin do most people find to be the best?

L

Lachp30

I find it hard to believe that you understand the basics of emulation, yet you have no understanding of your system specs..

If your computer can handle N64 emulation, just use the defult plugins that come with 1964.

Also, if you are using XP, go to the start menu, then to "Accesories", then to "System tools" and then click on System Information to bring up your system specs. If you tell us what it says there, we may be able to help you!

OP
L

Link15

Equipped with an NVidia GeForce2 MX-based graphics card,
compaq presario 5000, Duron-900 CPU,
128mb of RAM.

Slougi

Use jabo's gfx plugin. Just copy it over from the pj64 plugin folder and select it in the 1964 plugins menu.

supergamer

Banned
Maybe you use a rom that isn't supported by 1964.

Try to use the same plugins you used by PJ64. If you have >1 ghz I recommend PJ64. If you experience slowdowns at games use 1964 (the best emulator, it's fast and it supports very much roms)