What's new

Video Hardware Documentation

GodBeastX

I'm interested in doing a video plugin for 1964, specifically to bring OgreBattle 64 to it's highest compatibility. The problem is I can't find any documentation on n64 hardware beyond the R4300i CPU. Anybody know where I can find more information?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
the gbi.h file of the sdk is enough to do a wireframe plugin, you can find it on dextrose.com

OP
G

GodBeastX

Looking at existing source codes and such wouldn't give me the technical information I need. An existing plugin could have overlooked something critical. I would love a document on the COP2 processing.

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
GodBeastX said:
I'm interested in doing a video plugin for 1964, specifically to bring OgreBattle 64 to it's highest compatibility. The problem is I can't find any documentation on n64 hardware beyond the R4300i CPU. Anybody know where I can find more information?

My understanding is that there's a problem in the 1964 0.9.9 core dealing with JPEG compression. In other words, it's not something that a video plugin is going to be able to fix.

knowitman

Version 0.8.5 of 1964 doesn't have this core bug with JPEG compression and can play Ogre Battle 64 quite well from what I hear.