What's new

video card

churnopol

churnopol: Your cpu isnt that fast. You are right though, the cpu does all of the work.

When it comes to emulation, as long as you have a sufficiantly fast cpu, even a tnt2 is more than enough :) [/B][/QUOTE]

It's fast

It's not intel xeon - but its veryfast

xeon is still too expensive.

I just got a dual Xeon cpu mobo (for free... i'll explain), so when the xeon mp prices go down, I will then have a lighting fast computer.

To get free or cheap computers parts, just ask your local computer store, that's it (my local one is kehtron) asking compusa wont help. Ask for demo, pulled, obsolete returns (returns without boxes manual or original cables/software). These parts usually dont have warranties. But they're free... or extremely cheap.

churnopol

Re: just curious

zAlbee said:
hey churnopol, you use the rage 128 chipset! what video plugin do you use, glide64 or jabo's?

I use PJ64's default plugin, but i switch around with different games. I noticed all my games developed by Rare need different plugins because of the high detail of their games. Otherwise i use PJ64 defaults

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Re: just curious

zAlbee said:
hey churnopol, you use the rage 128 chipset! what video plugin do you use, glide64 or jabo's?

:blink:I hope he doesn't use GLide64. :teehee:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Re: Re: Re: just curious

Doomulation said:
Why not? <_<
Because it gives you "heaches"? >_<

GLide64 = built for 3dfx cards only.

Granted you can use wrappers but it'll never be as fast as pure OpenGL/Direct3D (unless the standard API renderers suck, which they don't), and adds restrictions that shouldn't be there on non-3dfx hardware.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Actually, Glide64 & eVoodoo is slightly faster than Jabo's plugin afaik. Which shows how well designed a wrapper and plugin can be and desgined to work together.

And have you tested it? It runs almost all games very smoothly!

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
Actually, Glide64 & eVoodoo is slightly faster than Jabo's plugin afaik. Which shows how well designed a wrapper and plugin can be and desgined to work together.

And have you tested it? It runs almost all games very smoothly!

Well I remember trying to get a wrapper to work on a friend's GeForce2 GTS. That was hell. It was GL2ide, for UltraHLE. And it didn't work too well.

I also tried to use eVoodoo and GL2ide on my Kyro II before reinstalling my V2's, which didn't work at all.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
UltraHLE wrappers can be a pain in the ass, believe me. But eVoodoo for Glide64 isn't. I know from experience.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
UltraHLE wrappers can be a pain in the ass, believe me. But eVoodoo for Glide64 isn't. I know from experience.

Oh yeah, I also tried a number of wrappers to try and get Tribes to work on two friends' PC's...

Would you believe Tribes GLide runs better on a Riva128ZX than a Radeon 8500?

gokuss4

Meh...
Tagrineth said:
Well I remember trying to get a wrapper to work on a friend's GeForce2 GTS. That was hell. It was GL2ide, for UltraHLE. And it didn't work too well.

I also tried to use eVoodoo and GL2ide on my Kyro II before reinstalling my V2's, which didn't work at all.

trust me Tagrineth you don't wanna mess with us Glide64 beta testers ;). Glide64 is faster than Jabo's plugin and i know from experience and i don't need a glide wrapper, it's still fast. and evoodoo is the ONLY glide wrapper that can be used for Glide64. also i can prove by saying that jabo's plugin is slower than glide64 because i tried it on my brohters computer, and he had the same specs as me except he had like a geforce 2 gts 32mb, and Glide64 worked a little faster on my system than jabo's d3d 1.5 plugin worked on his, either that or it could of been about the same speed. heh but now my bro has athlon xp 1800+ and a geforce 3...

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
gokuss4 said:
trust me Tagrineth you don't wanna mess with us Glide64 beta testers ;). Glide64 is faster than Jabo's plugin and i know from experience and i don't need a glide wrapper, it's still fast. and evoodoo is the ONLY glide wrapper that can be used for Glide64. also i can prove by saying that jabo's plugin is slower than glide64 because i tried it on my brohters computer, and he had the same specs as me except he had like a geforce 2 gts 32mb, and Glide64 worked a little faster on my system than jabo's d3d 1.5 plugin worked on his, either that or it could of been about the same speed. heh but now my bro has athlon xp 1800+ and a geforce 3...

Well OF COURSE GLide on an actual 3dfx video card is going to be faster! GLide on a Voodoo3 generally IS faster than GeForce2 (except when the GLide renderer is poorly designed).

I use GLide64 myself on my Voodoo2 SLI!

My point is that wrappers necessarily slow things down and can introduce some... odd problems. Except when the coders REALLY know what they're doing (i.e. 3dfx D3D/OGL driver teams). :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
gokuss4 said:

Self righteous beta testers.. shut it already. <_<

gokuss4

Meh...
cooliscool said:
Self righteous beta testers.. shut it already. <_<

i think a mod should close this topic, but one more thing cooliscool. you're jealous that you're not a beta tester ;). oh well i think a mod should close this topic, cause i have a feeling this'll become a flame war :p

churnopol

gokuss4 said:
i think a mod should close this topic, but one more thing cooliscool. you're jealous that you're not a beta tester ;). oh well i think a mod should close this topic, cause i have a feeling this'll become a flame war :p

I ate a peanut

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
gokuss4 said:

:baaa: