What's new

video card or processor?

Zachspod

ok so i bought a small via motherboard to put in my nes for a multiemulator looking nes . the whole thing is via pretty much . i have a via c7 processor at 1GHz and a VIA/SG3 UniCrome Pro IGP on bord in this thing . well emulating the n64 just sucks on project 64 1.6 and 1.7 do i need to upgrade my video card or is the processor not good enough? i have 1 PCI slot it gives me so i could put one in. will that solve my problem? like when i emulate the 64 it runs slow when alot of stuff appear on screen

i also have 1 gig ram

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zachspod

im starting to think its my video card beacuse i cant really watch youtube videos its soo laggy but the audio runs perfect

Toasty

Sony battery
Probably both, though I might lean toward the CPU. Flash video (I.E. YouTube) is all software decoded, so the CPU is what will have the greatest effect on that. A 1GHz VIA CPU will not perform nearly as fast as a 1GHz Pentium III, IIRC.

OP
Z

Zachspod

yea but the only problem is i cant ugrade the processor so if i do i would have to replace the whole mobo and get a 1.6 intel atom.

Clements

Possibly some low requirement games might be able to run well with it and PJ64 + Jabo's D3D6. Don't expect too much from it though, as your system is below requirements. The VIA CPU is pretty damn slow (I believe slower than even Intel Atom?), and VIA graphics are not great at all really, esp on older drivers.

OP
Z

Zachspod

well crap looks like i know what ill be saveing up fr 90$!! ugh.. i think ill just do that and not the video card... crapppp