What's new

Very weird PJ64 problem

DafamousNova

hey guys I've been using PJ64 for over 3 years and never had a problem with it up until now. I've been using a crappy computer with PJ64 and nothing ever went wrong and i always had to struggle to run it lol. but now I've recently built a new computer. here are the specs

2.60Ghz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ Black Edition
2.GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT Overclocked edition
160 GB HDD
300 GB Mybook External HDD

now obviously it should be running way better with no problems on this new setup.
but here what I don't understand... If I run PJ64 the game will run without a problem but the game window will freeze and lock wherever it is. I can't minimize or close it. I also cant use the function bar (File System Options Help) I click and nothing happens. this happens with every game I open. yet the game will run and I am still able to play. I also can't click start or right click to open task manger. I use PJ64 to mod No Mercy. I use the Rice Plugin to dump and load textures and I use Game hacks as well. being unable to use the menu bar serves as a huge problem for me. also the only way for me to shut down PJ64 is to open up Task manager by pressing ALT+CTRL+DEL and end task it. I've tried uninstalling PJ64 and re installing everything and still no luck. Please help. By the way I am using PJ64 version 1.6

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Make sure your input plugin isn't locking the mouse. The N-Rage plugin does this so you can play the game with the mouse without having to worry about clicking outside the emulator window. Also, you don't need to use the task manager. Whatever happened to Alt+F4 being common knowledge?

OP
D

DafamousNova

Make sure your input plugin isn't locking the mouse. The N-Rage plugin does this so you can play the game with the mouse without having to worry about clicking outside the emulator window. Also, you don't need to use the task manager. Whatever happened to Alt+F4 being common knowledge?

OMG THANK YOU!!!! YES! this solved the problem... sadly i cant use that plugin anymore as I used it for game save and packs and stuff... do you know of an alternative controller plugin?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
The plugin squall mentioned is here. And you don't have to stop using the plugin because it locks the mouse. Under the "Shortcuts" tab you can assign a key to "Lock/Unlock Mouse" (tab by default) and when it's unlocked it works just like normal.

OP
D

DafamousNova

The plugin squall mentioned is here. And you don't have to stop using the plugin because it locks the mouse. Under the "Shortcuts" tab you can assign a key to "Lock/Unlock Mouse" (tab by default) and when it's unlocked it works just like normal.

thanks alot the nrage i had didnt have the shortcuts tab so i figured i had an old version which i did. and i upraded to the latest and i did the shortcut option you mentione. now all is well... thanks a bunch!