What's new

Very dark StarFox...

naPPy

My question here would be, is there a way for me to yank up the gamma or brightness in Nemu64? I was playing StarFox and the whole game is very dark. I attached a pic but it may not look dark, according to your monitor settings. I'm currently using gln64 v0.4.1 for my Video config. My specs are at the bottom of course. Thanks.

OP
N

naPPy

Turned up Digital Vibrance and brightness via my nVidia thingy, but its still very dark.... hmmn, any help here? Its really hard to pass Many stages without seeing much farther ahead from my Arwing... :getlost: :crazy:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Jacking up the brightness on that image didn't show anything extra. It seems that's how it's supposed to look like. If you could take another shot showing where it's really too dark to do anything...

OP
N

naPPy

Well I switched to PJ64, same thing. Heres a shot in the training mode, same thing.... I should be able to see right down to some buildings up infront of the first ring.. cant see them. A new thing I also discovered, that also happened in Nemu, is that the borders of the game sort of get weird... its hard to explain but they start out grey and as the game passes over, the pixels start to dissolve partly into the game, partly not... well just see for yourself, look on the borders...

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
naPPy said:
Well I switched to PJ64, same thing. Heres a shot in the training mode, same thing.... I should be able to see right down to some buildings up infront of the first ring.. cant see them. A new thing I also discovered, that also happened in Nemu, is that the borders of the game sort of get weird... its hard to explain but they start out grey and as the game passes over, the pixels start to dissolve partly into the game, partly not... well just see for yourself, look on the borders...

The strange borders is a bug in glN64 that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet.

As for it being too dark...your screenshot looks fine on my computer. I can see all the way to the fifth building on the right side. If you've already played around with monitor/video driver settings and haven't gotten anywhere that way, I'd say it's time to buy a new monitor. The most common way for monitors to die is to slowly get darker and darker. With my old monitor I could hardly play any darker games (like StarFox, Thief, etc.) at all, but it's all good with my new one (set at 50% brightness even).

Orkin

OP
N

naPPy

Orkin said:
The strange borders is a bug in glN64 that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet.

As for it being too dark...your screenshot looks fine on my computer. I can see all the way to the fifth building on the right side. If you've already played around with monitor/video driver settings and haven't gotten anywhere that way, I'd say it's time to buy a new monitor. The most common way for monitors to die is to slowly get darker and darker. With my old monitor I could hardly play any darker games (like StarFox, Thief, etc.) at all, but it's all good with my new one (set at 50% brightness even).

Orkin

Thanks for the ideas Orkin. Yah my monitor is extremely old, its a 15" that came with my IBM Aptiva system 4-5 years ago... only gets me 60hz in 1024x768... I only still use it because I'm cheap and it still gets the job done, however I am now considering buying a flat 17 or 19". As for the plugin, I'm now using PJ64 with Jabo's Direct3D61.5 and the side problems are gone. I find its also alot faster than glN64 (for me), so I guess I'll be posting in the PJ64 board from now on. Anyway thanks for the help, cheers :beer: