What's new

VBA smooth 6.4 Released *Updated*

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
VBA smooth 6.4 Released

Category: <b>GameBoy Advance</b><br><br>suanyuan has released another version of his unofficial Visualboy Advance build known as VBA smooth. Here are the changes for version 6.4:

* feature added:
- add an entry forceRenderMethod=1 in vba.ini to force using DirectDraw driver (thanks awi's suggestion)
- force to stop emulation before switching sound emulation on/off
- add an entry saveMoreCPU=1 in vba.ini for slow computer to save more CPU power
* bug fix:

[mikoxc] when sound is disable, vba load a game then crashed
- fix a bug in PCM interpolation module

[mikoxc] VBA run a game with sound disable, after load a real-time save file, VBA crashed
- fix another bug in PCM interpolation module

[bohdy] 6.3 still runs at half framerate in automatic mode, just like if frameskip 1 was selected.
- fix a bug in automatic frame rate control

[Squaresoft74] On the top and left sides of the screen i get blue lines that weren't there with previous builds.
- not crop a pixel around the border of output image

Thanks to Dalthon for the heads up. :)

*Update* The previous VBA smooth 6.4 release was a test release. If you got the file from our database earlier it's recommended to download it again in order to get the final 6.4 release.

:: VBA smooth 6.4 Release Thread (NGEmu Forums)
:: VBA smooth Official Site
:: VBA smooth 6.4

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Yeah supposed to be just a test release and not the final 6.4 .. saw it but wasn't going to post it until it was ready.

Edit: Looks like the official page has been updated. :)

OP
PsyMan

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Ooops... How did I miss that it was just a test release? :paperbag:
Since the file in the archive is also updated (thanks keef ;)) I'm gonna add a note about it...