What's new

v3000 far too slow?

DoctorFrag

Hi,

I'm using a C488 256Ram and V3000 with PJ64 1.4, i/m using Direct3d7 with DirX8.1

I'm trying to play Goldeneye, and it runs very choppy, is it because my sytem is just far too slow, I've tried a few opengl plugins, but they won't initialize, Goldeneye looks pretty good, but far too slow (i.e poor frame rate).

The sound is also very choppy, I've got simple soundblaster pci64 card.

I'm on 16bit colours as well.

Thanks

Joe:cool:

Slougi

PJ64 relies on cpu power more than on the gfx card. Your CPU is far too slow for PJ64, around 700 Mhz is minimum, and even that won't let you play all games at full speed.
The gfx card affects only the quality of the gfx that are put out, but not speed, at least not very much.

OP
D

DoctorFrag

Thanks for your reply,

that makes sense, although I was hoping there would be glide or opengl, to free up the CPU.

Thanks for the quick reply:)

Joe

Slougi

No problem :)
You do know that there is a glide plugin in developement right?
Just look in the emu coding (forgot the exact name :blush: ) forum here in emutalk.

OP
D

DoctorFrag

Cheers

Cheers:)

excellent, PJ64 seems a wonderful emulator. However I've spent two days trying to get roms, only managed to download goldeneye and super mario???

Thanks for the info, I'll look there...cheers!

Joe:)

plazmay2k

hey!

hey first chance you get, dl conkers bad fur day if you don't have it on PJ or an N64, it's a really cool game, minimal glitches, well there are two mainly for me, in the colleseum (sp?) I got this nagging error when I chomped on a soldier lol, I fixed it by loading and saving loading and saving, and the 2nd error was just after entering the spooky area, when the rocks fall down it caused a fault and required pj to close, I fixed that by enabling counter to skip the frames, saved and changed it back and carried on, those were the only 2 bad glitches, apart from in the final cut scene when you meet the panther king and everything else including the boss fight goes slow, not slow enough not to play but slow. And if I were you I'd get a gamepad with an analog stick if your going to play CBFD to the end lol, it's impossible to spin that darn alien without an analog stick! lol, same with goldeneye, controls aren't good, and also mario is better with an analog stick.

flow``

flow``
on my system i didn't run across any fatal errors or glitches except that when you turn into that little bat, he is half-transparent but it still works i guess. i beat the game on 1.4 and think its safe to say its 100% playable (at least on my system)

oh, this was on pj64; not 1964

Gugaman

glide64 is the plugin for 3dfx cards
it currently only runs mario and a little pilotwings, tetrisphere and other ucode0 games
current release is 0.03
http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/

mario is working almost perfect, except for metal mario and metal pool (that one we jump to enter the course)

gokuss4

Meh...
heh i post some screenshots of the last glide64 beta :blush: metal mario looks good but 3 things are not added.

1: Fog
2: Spherical Mapping
3: the princess peach and bowser wall picture change thing.

thats all go to the topic and check them out for yurself. in my opinion even if i did have a geforce 2 it looks better than jabos plug-in :blush:

OP
D

DoctorFrag

Thanks for all your support, I'm going to see if there's any advice on getting my Saitek gamepad to work, it won't stay in Nrage plugin menu, either sticks with mouse or 'none'!

Cheers

Joe