What's new

Usual problem emulatin Evangelion 64

StonedConker

With jabo's 1.5 release evangelion is emulated perfect and the 2D stuff is displayed correctly.Rice are these shots from 1964's opengl plugin?If yes i guess that with the 084 release we must wait a newer version of gfx plugin.Btw i'm raring with the last release of jabo.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Wrong, StonedConker, jabo emulates EVA64 ALMOST perfectly. There are still problems in the tile reversing process (when displaying symmetric images, the ROM simply takes the first half and inverts it to create the missin' part. Unfortunately the plugin doesn't do this: it simply shows the tiles as they're stored in the game. This causes various gameplay problems, for example in missions 4, 5 and 9, when the reversed tiles determine the direction u must press to complete the stage, so the game is unplayable. The only way to pass through these problems is to switch to the Unofficial CoolDaedalus 0.08
Yeah, the 2D stuff is displayed, but there is still something wrong.
Evrain

Trotterwatch

Evrain, do you mean the arrows are pointing the opposite way to which they are supposed to?

If so, then why not just press the opposite direction every time.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
That's not the point. The tiles indicate both the right and the wrong direction, so u can't simply reverse the intruction on video. There's a 50% of possibilities that the displayed direction could be the right one. It's a plugin issue, absent in CoolDaedalus 0.08
Apart from being a graphic issue, is also a gameplay one.
Evrain

Trotterwatch

Ok... I thought you meant that every single one was inversed, which would have meant that the opposite direction would have always been the correct one.

Of course if sometimes it is correct, and sometimes it isn't all I can suggest is doing as you are now, and using CoolDaedauls 0.08 or perhaps state saving before you get to one of those sections, so you can try both directions? Sorry never played the game, so I don't know just how extensive this problem is.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I've written an emulation guide (in Italian) for this game, and I prefer switchin' to coolDaedalus, 'cuz the problem is too complicated to be resolved by state saving, both because sometimes the direction isn't simply left or right, but all the eight directions of the Analog Stick, and because the direction is casual: it changes one instant before u must press it. There is another big graphic issue too, but it's complicated to explain.
Evrain

KodachiGarou

Well, I don't know if any of you guys noticed, but there's still another issue that happens in both plogins, jabo's 1.5 AND daedalus. If you complete the game in the HARD difficulty, you gain access to a special Option menu where you can replay all the actions in the game. After action 88, the game just crashes, and I have no idea why. Someone have a clue?

KodachiGarou

Well, I've been checking it again, and I believe it may be I have a corrupt ROM set. :( Could anyone please tell me the CRCs for the corrected set that doesn't crash?

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Err.

looks like the rom is bad, because of the crack applied to it.

The emu tries to write and load and R4300 address: 80000* (*= 0 to F).

Just try it with the 1.4 debbuger on (The 1.5 plugins WILL work!)

KodachiGarou

Hmmm... and I thought my ROM was a pure set... well, so the only solution is to repatch the set or get my hands on an original dump. What did that crack do anyway? It's only one damn animation :/