What's new

USF Files

Iconoclast

Does anyone know where to get USF files? Yes, I know. halleyscometsoftware, zophar, etc., but I have one problem with those sites: They give me MINIUSF files. I want just USF files. USF files are like MINIUSF files only they do not depend on a USFLIB library file to play. I know that a collection of MINIUSF files is much lower on total file size than a complete collection of USF files, but what if I only wanted a single N64 USF song file for one N64 game? The .USFLIB file would be a waste of disk space, containing musical reference information for all of the song files when I only have one. A USF file would be better.

But everywhere I go, I see: USF files, and when I download, I see MINIUSF files. Is there any site that gives regular USF files? I hear they're hard to lay eyes on, but if there isn't a site that provides them, I don't suppose someone can teach me how to rip them from an N64 ROM myself?

OP
Iconoclast

Iconoclast

OK, I got stuck on the part where I'm supposed to use their version of Project64 with their version of its plugins to generate the parsified ROM, one of the ingredients of the USF output file. What happened is, I got this error message when it loaded their version of Jabo"s Direct3D 7:

Direct3D failed to initialized your HAL device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card with Direct3D 6.0

Then this error message follows: Failed to Initialize Graphics

Now, to me, that is crap. I have DirectX 9, 512 MB RAM, and an FX5200. I don't know wth is wrong. When I try using Jabo"s Direct3D 8 in the PJ64 1.6 package, I don't get the error, but then the ROM I select won't even start correctly, which is what I expected since the readme told me not to use any other gfx plugin.