What's new

Use PS2 lightguns with your PC!

Acorn

Use PS2 lightguns with your PC! (New WinGun Release)

Check this out, its pretty new but a very exciting development! PS2 guncon compatible lightguns can be used with a PC/TV combo. A couple of us are writing drivers, I've just released a new version of mine!

http://guncon.acornscity.com

Area 51 on your arcade cabnet, or living room TV with lightguns!

Last edited:
OP
Acorn

Acorn

Thats the idea :)

Plus its just plain cool to use your lightgun as a mouse around the desktop, and in MediaPortal. I take it less people are interested in lightguns than I thought though?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
it does sound pretty neat yeah. Wish I owned a lightgun, may buy one just for this [wouldn't mind trying it out with House of the Dead 3]

Stezo2k

S-2K
wow, that sounds a pretty good idea actually, havent used my lightgun in years, could be handy

cheers for the heads up

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I am suddenly so glad that I own 2 guncon2, I wish it worked on CRT Monitors though, oh well, looks like i have an excuse to hook my computer back up to the TV, so I can play police trainer at home! Very Cool find.

OP
Acorn

Acorn

I have released a driver that will support guns having the rolling x problem! It also includes support for mapping keys, autocalibration, manual calibration, and works with mame.

Download it at:

http://guncon.acornscity.com

as always. If you test it, please let me know how it works!

OP
Acorn

Acorn

Posted an update to the driver, V0.2B. Lots of new features, check it out at the normal site.

MaxwellSmart

I would love to try it, but I don't have a lightgun. Does anybody knows a good site that sends to Brazil a Guncon2? Lik-Sang don't have it.

jdsony

That's really cool. A few years ago I tried my NES gun hooked up to my PC and I just couldn't get it to work even on a tv and then I read up on how you can't get it to work. I always wanted to try it out.

OP
Acorn

Acorn

I've made a ton of updates to WinGun (my guncon2 driver for windows)! Including but not limited to:

Support for multiple guns
Screen Flashing
Macro System

Check it out at the normal place! ( http://guncon.acornscity.com ). Enjoy the new features, and let me know what you think!

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Wow I had completely forgotton about this, I'll have to check it out for real this time. Sunday evening probably, once again cool work.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Not yet, but I have been following it recently as I am trying to find the means to put some kind of permanent Arcade dedicated PC together. I want to get a hotrod SE joystick, to match my guncon 2s that I got with time crisis 2, so I will be in the next month or so, keep up the good work acorn.

loopsider

"When the player pulls the trigger, the game brightens the entire screen for a split second, and the computer (often assisted by the display circuitry) times how long it takes the electron beam to excite the phosphor at the location the gun is pointed at. It then calculates the targeted position based on the monitor's horizontal refresh rate (the fixed amount of time it takes the beam to get from the left to right side of the screen)."

Cool.