What's new

Update site ???

OP
M

MakaveliKnightG

I don' t understand why after many years he don' have much people working on this great project, if i was programmer I'll be really interested to join the dolphin team but im just industrial cleaning LOL.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Exactly, which leads me to say that open source Dolphin would be nice. :drool:
And it would help the project why?
Because GCEmu, Dolwin AND GCube are all open source and only ONE little project came from that (TuxCube, if you don't know yet...)
So open sourcing won't help that much, because you also need coders aboard, and if here are really some willing coders, they had already contacted the dolphin team!

jmaster

They might have a small dev team but I dont see why it should take a tear to develope a speed limiter... if they just recompiled the 64 bit build with a speed limiter id be satisfied.... it cant be that hard can it?

OP
M

MakaveliKnightG

They might have a small dev team but I dont see why it should take a tear to develope a speed limiter... if they just recompiled the 64 bit build with a speed limiter id be satisfied.... it cant be that hard can it?

yes u right and fix paddle for 64 bit OS

djnforce9

From what I've seen in various threads including this one is that Dolphin is still unusable for casual gaming for the following reasons:

1. No x86 support which excludes A LOT of people. Fortunately, I'm not one of them but I do know many users still have 32 bit OS's
2. Speed Limiter is not implemented causing games to go too fast if you have a powerful enough machine (e.g. SSBM flies off at over 3x the normal speed for me). Regardless of what EmuFan says, that is NOT what I call playable. He is probably just lucky in that his processor speed is not "too fast or slow" allowing SSBM to naturally run at full speed uncapped but it MUST be annoying to have sudden speed fluctuations. I'm sorry to say this, but NO game is fun and enjoyable at twice or more the speed is was intended to be played. Disabling dual core and the recompiler is just a crude workaround and isn't effective mostly.
3. No proper joypad support (just a basic keyboard plugin which is useless for games like these.

So yeah, the authors don't owe us anything and we'll just have to wait. Nevertheless, it doesn't stop all of us from wishing that even a quick and dirty re-release (when I say quick and dirty, I mean compatibility unchanged with the current release. Not sloppy coding) was made to correct at least issues 2 and 3 so that we can enjoy our gamecube games on the PC.

I guess for the time being, we'll have to stick to the real hardware but I'd much rather use the PC because:
1. The games look WAY better than on the gamecube due to my video card's hardware filtering.
2. I hate the gamecube controller. I would much rather use my Dualshock 2.

Also, about Gekko. It's hard to say if it's active or not. There hasn't been any screenshots or news about the emulator itself on the main page since February 20, 2007. All the subsequent news appears to be related to the site itself and this is probably because the emulator's news is now exclusive to Gekko N'Sider which is NOT free to join (not worth it in my opinion either since without a public beta, I can never be sure how effective this emulator will turn out). At least the dolphin dev team HAS released betas for us to try allowing us to know that games "do work".

Last edited:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
From what I've seen in various threads including this one is that Dolphin is still unusable for casual gaming for the following reasons:

1. No x86 support which excludes A LOT of people. Fortunately, I'm not one of them but I do know many users still have 32 bit OS's
2. Speed Limiter is not implemented causing games to go too fast if you have a powerful enough machine (e.g. SSBM flies off at over 3x the normal speed for me). Regardless of what EmuFan says, that is NOT what I call playable. He is probably just lucky in that his processor speed is not "too fast or slow" allowing SSBM to naturally run at full speed uncapped but it MUST be annoying to have sudden speed fluctuations. I'm sorry to say this, but NO game is fun and enjoyable at twice or more the speed is was intended to be played. Disabling dual core and the recompiler is just a crude workaround and isn't effective mostly.
3. No proper joypad support (just a basic keyboard plugin which is useless for games like these.

So yeah, the authors don't owe us anything and we'll just have to wait. Nevertheless, it doesn't stop all of us from wishing that even a quick and dirty re-release (when I say quick and dirty, I mean compatibility unchanged with the current release. Not sloppy coding) was made to correct at least issues 2 and 3 so that we can enjoy our gamecube games on the PC.

I guess for the time being, we'll have to stick to the real hardware but I'd much rather use the PC because:
1. The games look WAY better than on the gamecube due to my video card's hardware filtering.
2. I hate the gamecube controller. I would much rather use my Dualshock 2.

Also, about Gekko. It's hard to say if it's active or not. There hasn't been any screenshots or news about the emulator itself on the main page since February 20, 2007. All the subsequent news appears to be related to the site itself and this is probably because the emulator's news is now exclusive to Gekko N'Sider which is NOT free to join (not worth it in my opinion either since without a public beta, I can never be sure how effective this emulator will turn out). At least the dolphin dev team HAS released betas for us to try allowing us to know that games "do work".

1. As far as I know we will still be providing 32/64 bit builds supporting dual and single core cpu's. Dont expect reasonable speeds on a 32b single core cpu...

2. Next version will probably contain a limiter

3. I havent checked if my nJoy input plugin still works, I also gotta fix it for the 64b version.

And about the site: Why would I bother updating the site. It is fine in the current state. Perhaps for the next release I could redo the entire site...

Xtreme2damax

I was wondering, who are the actual developers/testers of Dolphin? I'm interested in knowing, so I know who to direct my appreciation to. :)