What's new

Unofficial ZSNES HTML file

Clements

If you didn't know, I have been working on an Unofficial HTML Help file for ZSNES for a while to replace the many text documents that come with ZSNES to make it easier.

This (third revision) helpfile basically contains the docs and adds stuff like hyperlinks and a cool design.

Since my previous edition, I completely re-wrote the HTML, removing all the garbage. This has many benefits, including the fact that the text now wraps correctly when the window is resized, as well as cutting the filesize by 20KB.

Since I had to manually remove the junk HTML, there may be some typos and stuff which I may have overlocked, but I did do spellchecks and ironed out all the stuff I could.

The larger docs have been broken up into submenus for easier reading, and the ZSNES FAQ is now fully hyperlinked to the answers to the questions.

Hope you enjoy using it!

Edit: Fixed all sorts of errors, and improved the design.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Clements said:
If you didn't know, I have been working on an Unofficial HTML Help file for ZSNES for a while to replace the many text documents that come with ZSNES to make it easier.

This (third revision) helpfile basically contains the docs and adds stuff like hyperlinks and a cool design.

Since my previous edition, I completely re-wrote the HTML, removing all the garbage. This has many benefits, including the fact that the text now wraps correctly when the window is resized, as well as cutting the filesize by 20KB.

Since I had to manually remove the junk HTML, there may be some typos and stuff which I may have overlocked, but I did do spellchecks and ironed out all the stuff I could.

The larger docs have been broken up into submenus for easier reading, and the ZSNES FAQ is now fully hyperlinked to the answers to the questions.

Hope you enjoy using it!
Clement you're so great, first the unofficial service pack and now this.
Hope my project I'm working on will bring so many joy like your great projects.
Looking forward to the next (a,b,c,d,e&f) release! :p

Allnatural

You have some options combined under a single bullet (at least two instances). Clean it up ya bast. :p

Good work otherwise. :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Judging by your screenie at the top, it mentions change your video mode twice to the same thing, just pointing out :p

OP
Clements

Clements

Allnatural said:
You have some options combined under a single bullet (at least two instances). Clean it up ya bast. :p

Good work otherwise. :)

There probably is many instances of weird problems like that. :p

If you find more feel free to point them out and I'll fix them. I think I found most of them but they are pretty hard to spot. When I have time I'll do a thorough check.

Sayargh said:
Judging by your screenie at the top, it mentions change your video mode twice to the same thing, just pointing out :p

Yeah, I just copied blindly from the docs - they like to emphasize a few points that's for sure! :p

With the next release, I may experiment with different fonts and sizes, and perhaps pictures to improve the design a bit. I reduced the file to it's bare-bones so it should be easy to edit now.