What's new

Unknown error message?

Rozka

I'm not sure if this is from my computer settings, or my settings for pj64 need to be changed. I have several games: mario party, harvest moon, crusin' world, etc. and the fps rate and graphics for all of them run smoothly..but sometimes (not all the time), no matter the game, an error message will pop up: 'While processing data an exemption occured. You may need to restart the emulator.' Then pj64 forces itself to close, and it will continue to repeat this for several games afterwards.
I don't want to mess with settings and then totally screw it up without knowing what the settings are and create a bigger problem in the long run. If someone would have an answer to this, that'd be great.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You wouldn't happen to have an integrated Intel graphics chip, would you? If so, switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. Intel's chips usually do not work properly with Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin, and Project64 gives an error message because of it.

OP
R

Rozka

Intel Atom.. so I did switch it over to 3D6 and now it runs without crashing. Thanks!

DerRitter

You wouldn't happen to have an integrated Intel graphics chip, would you? If so, switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. Intel's chips usually do not work properly with Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin, and Project64 gives an error message because of it.

I have an integrated Intel chip and Jabo's Direct3D8 works perfectly for me.

knightjs01

Hey!

Hey man!! I am using integrated intel graphics whilst my new pc gets delivered.
When the error message comes up. I click, continue and continue and it allows me to swith to Jabo's Direct 3D Plugin but it still wont allow me to play...get back to me with any suggestions this is driving me insssannnnneeee haha!!!

Cheers Dude

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Switch graphics plugins before you switch to Jabo's Direct3D6 plugin. Make sure that your graphics chip's drivers are up to date as well.