What's new

Unable to get Doom 64 to emulate properly.

Dreadbane

Hello, I have been trying to get doom 64 to work a bit now and I have had no luck. It boots, and the intro and menus work, but when I start the game I have massive distortion, and cant tell where im going, its like I see all kinds of jagged edges and sprites all over the place. Could it be my rom? or something to do with my drivers and system... I tried turning off linking and many other things. Anyhelp is appreciated.

schibo

Emulator Developer
This was an opcode bug in certain earlier 1964 builds. Try downloading a patch from our downloads page. I do not recall if 0.7.3 was when it was fixed or if the fix is in the prerelease beta 0.8. Let me know if 0.7.3 fixes this for you.

OP
D

Dreadbane

I got the .7.3 patch and it didnt fix it. Its sorta strange too as Hexen 64 works allright, and it has a similar graphic engine. Oh well all good things come in time =)

good job on the emu so far!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
simple, turn off the 'link 4k block' in the Doom's rom settings (write click on the rom in the browser to bring up the rom settings).

OP
D

Dreadbane

I mentioned that it didnt work when i turned off linking....so maybe its somehting with my card?

schibo

Emulator Developer
this is an opcode bug... basically an emulation bug. it is fixed in 0.8 prerelease2..i was wrong about it being fixed in 0.7.3.