What's new

Unable to find hidden fairy in Majora's Mask

Browncoat

So I'm playing through Majora's Mask using Project 64 (latest release), and I'm in the Snowhead Temple dungeon. I'm trying to find one of the stray fairies...the one that is hidden in the ceiling in the room with the large switches that you have to push down using Goron Link. I've checked multiple guides and they all said that this fairy is hidden in a hidden ceiling in the room and can be spotted with the lens of truth...well, I have scoured every corner of said ceiling with the lens and cannot find this elusive fairy. I can find the hidden ceiling, but there is no fairy there. I'm playing the U.S. version of MM and I've tried the latest versions of Glide64, Jabbo's and the Rice video plugin but none of them gave me results...this is really annoying!

OP
B

Browncoat

Thanks! I found it. I guess it really WAS an invisible bubble...I thouht the Lens of Truth was supposed to reveal it but guess not.

Toasty

Sony battery
IIRC, on the original console the bubble was visible with the LOT, but I recently played through the game on PJ64 with Glide64 Napalm and experienced the same problem you did. Fortunately I knew exactly where the fairy was and after a couple blind shots with the bow and arrow I managed to hit it.

OP
B

Browncoat

For some reason the Lens of Truth seems to not want to work properly when playing MM on emulation...turning off hardware framebuffer effects with Glide64 will get it to work SORT of but it still won't reveal that hidden ceiling (not that it matters for me anymore, I'm long past that point, just mentioning it). Hopefully the next version will fix the Lens of Truth so it works...I actually own the Zelda Collector's Edition on gamecube and played through OOT from that so I dunno if OOT has the same problem or not...I'm playing through MM on emulator because it runs a lot more stable than the GC version is.

Toasty

Sony battery
It seems like the Lens worked pretty much everywhere except for that spot with Glide64 and frame buffer effects turned on, at least for me.

mudlord

Banned
Ahem.....

Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask

Lens of Truth may not work, if 'Use Framebuffer Objects' option set off ('Wrapper settings').
Also, when Lens of Truth is used, some objects outside of the lens can be cut. This is not a bug - depth buffer copy must be emulated to fully emulate Lens of Truth. It is currently supported only by 3dfx Voodoo 4/5 cards.