What's new

Ummm, can someone explain this? (Super Smash Bros.)

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Can someone explain this oddity? I'm playing Link in 1-player.
Specs:
PIII-733e
128 Megs of RAM
GeForce2 GTS
1964 v.8.5
Jabo's D3D6 v.1.5 plugin
RSP off

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
It does that to me too. Pressing Start usually re-centres the camera on the player, but some times the screen goes totally black and the minigame's unplayable.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
firestarter said:
Where are they now?

I apologise for any trouble in viewing them......

Next time firestarter:

Open the shots in MS Paint and save as a jpeg, then attach
It makes it much better for people to view on the Board.
i have done it for you this time.

scotty

The Great One
I also have this problem, I think it is the emulator because PJ64 works fine for me.
The hand is also missing in 1964 when you are chossing characters, thats another things that is missing.
I pray that this is fixed when Schibo releases his final release of 1964 soon.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Well, I was just about to make a new thread on Smash Bros. and 1964, but I found this one instead.

I have found 3 errors with Smash Bros. in 1964. I have checked against Mupen and Project64 to make sure. I am running with 32-bit off, I checked.

1) The ready, set, go lights at the start of each level are not correct. They do various things, but not the right thing. :p Disabling FPU Hack fixes this, but causes camera problems, at least at the start of Hyrule Castle.

2) As shown here, the Race to the Finish level (1P, all characters) has camera problems. There are three ways this problem manifests itself: By not moving at all, by randomly moving towards some point far off to the edge of the screen, and by not showing anything at all.

3) The credits don't show up at the end of a 1P game.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
New releases of various plugins and emulators since the first post here have actually fixed all of the major problems I was having in SSB. But now my PC's starting to mess up due to a heat damaged motherboard. I'll have to retest at some point.

Kethinov

mightyrocket said:
You can fix the invisible hand by disabling 32 bit in the rom-options.
That does not fix it. As prevoiusly stated by someone else, I believe this is a core issue.

But it is not required that you beat that part of the game to unlock anything so i always just let the time run out on it.