What's new

ultrahle2064 problemss

LD.

*poke*
Armistad said:
Hey, how come i cant get UltraHLE 2064 to run in a window when i am using Glide??
Glide only works in fullscreen I'm afraid. The first Voodoo cards (which Glide was built for) were 3D-only odd-on cards that you plugged your main video card into, and they could only do fullscreen.

You might be able to run fullscreen if you choose the right wrapper, but it will be amazingly slow and really not worth trying. You could try using the Glide64 plugin with a wrapper, but I'm not sure if Glide64 works with UltraHLE 2064 properly.

ComixManiac said:
Azimer's audio plugin requires a fast machine otherwise some skips or bad timing if you increase the buffer (it produces an echo) are unavoidable. Jabo's plugin although it takes more power doesn't need a very fast machine to produce acurrate sound. When i had Windows 98 in my system Project was running at full speed and the sound was perfect. With Azimer's plugin the sound was a little innacurrate. So Azimer's plugin requires a fast machine to reach the quality of Jabo's.
Ehh... what?

Azimer's Audio HLE is by far the fastest and least CPU intensive plugin on my machine, and it produces some damn good sound, too. The easiest way to get rid of the crackling is to DISABLE the frame limiter on your emu of choice, and ENABLE the "sync sound to audio" setting in Azimer's setup box. And if you're using PJ64's RSP plugin, check the "send audio lists to plugin" box.

Admittedly, that causes problems in some games, but nothing's perfect (yet) ;)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
LD. said:
You might be able to run fullscreen if you choose the right wrapper, but it will be amazingly slow and really not worth trying.
eVoodoo is the only one that can do it. It can do it with any Glide2x or 3x application/plugin and it isn't that much slower than fullscreen mode.

ComixManiac

If you want sound with little skips check out the post made with 1 reply. I don't know if the tweak will work for xp. Or if it doesn't already have it. I haven't tried zelda but You might want to try nemu64

The problem is that i have Windows XP and if i didn't have i'm not sure that i would add this stuff in the registry! Nemu causes crashes in zelda so the best solution is to upgrade my CPU or put again Windows 98 (not likely).
Azimer's Audio HLE is by far the fastest and least CPU intensive plugin on my machine, and it produces some damn good sound, too. The easiest way to get rid of the crackling is to DISABLE the frame limiter on your emu of choice, and ENABLE the "sync sound to audio" setting in Azimer's setup box. And if you're using PJ64's RSP plugin, check the "send audio lists to plugin" box.

I have already tried what you said but the problem remains. Azimer's plugin may requires less CPU power but to avoid the skips in sound you need a fast machine. Or it may be just my system.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
With the Zeldas, don't bother with Nemu 0.7a

Even if the audio is good with Nemu, the GFX probably are going to be worse with squares all over the place. You should wait until Nemu 0.8. BTW, I have not even heard anything about Nemu 0.8 lately, so don't expect it to possibly be released for still a while.

Last edited:

ComixManiac

To be more precise i would say that Nemu is discontinued! The authors may have not said this clearly but one of them already left(i don't remember if it's Lemmy or Lac) so it would be a surprise for me to see a new release of Nemu.

Last edited: