What's new

UltraHLE alive?

aprentice

mightyrocket said:
I think this version will near the speeds of corn because no glide-wrapper + optimized speed (?) = very much fun. I also hope the compatibility will increase with big steps.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but migration to opengl wont effect your speed, you can already use opengl in uhle2064. Corn didnt emulate the combiners (it was all one big hack), missing gfx functions, and used different cpu emulation tactics. The only way your gonna see speed is from real optimizations :batman:

Derek

less evil admin ;)
Come on, don't be so negative about it.
I remember the times when I use to visit ultrahle.com every 2 hours, to see if RM would release UltraHLE. This was just before the nasty 'I deleted all my UltraHLE sources' message.
Nice times. Who knows, maybe he will deliver this time.

Believe me, I know. I was there. In fact, I was moderator of the official message boards for quite some time. A fan I was.

But 2 things:
1) It's so far behind it's almost trivial, except for nostalgia.
2) Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Not expecting a release because:
- a) not sure of RM's capability
- b) because i've anticipated a release before, which hasn't come.

Anyone truely getting their hopes up now are just setting themselves up for disappointment. UltraHLE was the shiet, back in the day. But that day has long come and gone.

It's like your grandmother pulling out that miniskirt. *ick*

mesman00

What's that...?
now that i think of it i do remember you, dabods, from the old school ultrahle boards. nostalgia indeed

Remote

I know there's usually no need to bump old abondoned threads but I checked the uHLE site a couple of minutes ago and as far as I could see no signs of life or acticity in a while... Thoughts?

Or was in naive to think that RM would have the motivation to continue the project?

Just give him the time. He did some great things for us, and I'm sure that if he reads this thread he will see that we all need him!

aprentice

Remote said:
...but I checked the uHLE site a couple of minutes ago and as far as I could see no signs of life or acticity in a while... Thoughts?

Or was in naive to think that RM would have the motivation to continue the project?

Actually, your right, there is no life. From the changes I've seen RM post on his site, I knew he came back without a clue once more. All those changes on his site can be added by anyone with just a few lines of code. Those TV fixes, for example, require just 2 lines of code. Alot of the work he has posted was just interface work. As soon as the easy stuff was over, so were the updates. The reason we document history is to learn from the past and not make the same mistakes again, but if you ignore the past, get ready for another big disappointment, history does repeat itself and this is just another example.

Just my 2 cents, take it as you wish :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Realityman, No respect for him, because he made you believe he was working on Ultrahle, teasing you with updates showing progress, then one day, *poof* "I'm deleting ALL SOURCE", had that been true he would have nothing to work on now would he? he even lied about that how can we possibly trust him?

Also, May not be popular for saying this, but I have no respect for ContraSF either, Because he left and just said nothing, making people believe the project was still alive, 3 years later you know better don't you? Had he just said "goodbye i'm gone forever" I don't think I'd feel this way.

But thats just personal opinion...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Maybe he wished to prevent flame posts about his quitting. Some ppl are stupid enough to do that...but it was a little harsh just to leave without saying something, though, I agree with you on that.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Sayargh said:
Realityman, No respect for him, because he made you believe he was working on Ultrahle, teasing you with updates showing progress, then one day, *poof* "I'm deleting ALL SOURCE", had that been true he would have nothing to work on now would he? he even lied about that how can we possibly trust him?

Also, May not be popular for saying this, but I have no respect for ContraSF either, Because he left and just said nothing, making people believe the project was still alive, 3 years later you know better don't you? Had he just said "goodbye i'm gone forever" I don't think I'd feel this way.

But thats just personal opinion...

yeh and a very good oppinion too, i agree totally about realityman showing improvements (probably fake), and not releasing it, so annoying. Corn couldnt really be improved too much though

but i still have respect for the great emus created by those ppl :)

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Where's Epsilon at these days, anyway? I was using the original UltraHLE in 1999 with my (old-skool) Voodoo Banshee 16MB. Playing Super Mario 64 on my PC for the first time was, like, one of the greatest gaming experiences I have ever had, y'know. Would be nice to see him on the scene again.

Nice to see RealityMan working on the thing though, anyway. It's a start...