What's new

UltraHLE 2064 misc. problems reports

[vEX]

niechift.com
crewde said:
and wen using the glide2x.dll that comes with the package, all i get is a "genport i/o initializaton failure"

Exactly the same problem here.
Running WinXP (sp1), Voodoo 3 2000 (Dozer 1.1 driver).

ChaosBlade

My Heart Chose.. Revenge.
First , Great to hear that at least one successfull n64 emu is still alive :happy: (after nemu and pj64 dev teams quiting the scene sadly) .

Secondly , Im new here :D so hiya everyone ^.^

Now back on topic - i get pretty much the same . i use native video.dll with OpenGL selected , and internal audio checked .
for input i used jabo and nRage's plugins .

no matter what i do , it crashed whenever loading a rom . in my case , Super Mario 64 and Zelda 64 : Ocarina Of Time .

OP
D

Dominator

There has been a minor file update two days ago. The new UHLE 2064 zip file adds a help file summary.

In this summary, you find out troubles shooting.

One particular info :

=> "UltraHLE 2064 won't load any rom anymore"

"Have you removed/added a new rom? Have you changed your roms folder? If so, delete the file named romlst.dat in your UltraHLE 2064 folder and run UltraHLE 2064 again."

=> "GUI doesn't refresh"

"Once a rom emulation is stopped, the GUI may remain black. If such a thing happens, just minimize the window, and maximize it again."

BTW, I know this isn't particularly of great importance, but congrats to whoever wrote the help file, it's has a very nice informality about it, without losing any of its purpose of informing the end-user. I liked that

It's important to me ;)

Danmarr

Slick as snot, twice as tasty!
Crash on F12

The only problem I've had thus far with the EMU is that it starts out fullscreen on all my games (z: oot, mario64, perfect dark, mk64), and when i try to F12 back into windowed mode, it crashed the EMU. So far thats the ONLY problem I've had other than the random crashes on rom loading/unloading :happy:

Great job guys and thanks for all your effort!

ct1

Hi,

Windows 98se, Voodoo 5 with 1.04 drivers

Choosing generic glide driver (didn't tried others) at the start I got an error:

"Memmap Vxd initialization failure."

Deleting glide2x.dll from the folder fixes the problem.

Pressing ESC gives me a black screen with HLE GUI in resolution chosen in graphic plugins.

Still testing......

PS. great job!!!

bomb

Here's a few of problems I've encountered (using Windows XP):

If I try to open roms from another dir than the default rom dir, I get an error saying UltraHLE can't find any plugins.
Also, the rom list doesn't refresh on start-up, so if I add more roms to the roms dir, I have to delete the romlst.dat so that a new updated one is generated on the next startup.
The save state function has some problems too. No matter where I choose to save, and under what name, the save file always ends up in the dir above UltraHLE, under the name of UltraHLE.sav. Example: My path to UltraHLE 2064 is "D:\Emulators\UltraHLE 2064\" and the saves ends up as D:\Emulators\UltraHLE.sav". So as of now, it's not possible to have more than one save state. It Would also be nice if you, in a future release, could make it possible to not only have many save states but also one quick save for each game.

Cheers and thanks for great work.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dominator

Note :

Even tho' we do not reply to all your messages, we currently read them all and really appreciate your reports.

We take good care of these helpful informations.

Thanks for your support.

ChaosBlade

Well its you whose doing the good work ..
and if we can give back that little we can by reporting ..
then i enjoy helping you around :n64:

[vEX]

niechift.com
Originally posted by ct1 "Memmap Vxd initialization failure."

Deleting glide2x.dll from the folder fixes the problem.

Deleting/Renaming the glide2x.dll also fixed the "genport i/o initializaton failure" problem :)
The texture is still misplaced though (Voodoo 3 2000).
Using the attached file the textures are right (Ethermage's fix).

ChaosBlade

Compability report : after a few mess-around-with-the-settings sessions , the Emulator worked using : nRage Dinput 1.82 , uhle OpenGL 1.0.2 and uhle audio .

Super Mario 64 and Legend Of Zelda : Ocarina of Time worked greta , fast , and looked good . im very pleased with UltraHLE 2064 so far :D

Im Going to try a few more , and ill check back .

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
A couple more problems.

System: Celeron 700, Intel i810 mobo w/ integrated gfx chip, Windows 2000 SP2, DirectX 8.1.

Yah, I know the i810 sucks, but this is a sub-micro system I picked up for cheap, and it's worth the 50 bucks I payed. It has no AGP or PCI slots so I can't stick in a decent card.

The only game I have tested is Super Mario 64.

1) I get random crashes when I hit F6 to save. Sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes. My old save stays intact.

2) Normal saves, at least with Mario, don't work.

3) I can't take screenshots with the built-in function. I _can_ do it using Fraps, tho.

Last edited:

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
I have the quicksave problem too. It happens with all the games, not only with Mario64. I get this error in the debug when it happens:

exception(000001F0): Execution at null page (st.pc=000001F0)

Pd: More than a bug report this is a request: Add a reset shortcut!!

ChaosBlade

Here's what ive noticed so far :

after esc'ing from a rom , the emulator sometimes lock up . if it doesnt , and you try to load a new rom after one was already started , you get massive glitchs in gfx ( i ran wave race , quit , loaded zelda 1 insted , and the new rom appered with alot of gfx errors that usually dont apper when running the rom right after the emu was loaded).

EDIT: forgot to mention , i confirm the save problems . even wit nRage's mempak , the emulator does not save ingame , only by savestates (F6,F9 etc) .

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I don't think anybody has reported this one yet: whenever you double-click a blank spot in the GUI, it tries to load... nothing. It then tells you it can't be loaded.

:D

ImNewAtThis

Problem(?)

Hey all, im really new at this, hence the name. But i've known about and always had an snes emulator that ran all the games i wanted perfectly etc... some friends told me about an n64 emulator so im here to try an play it. I have ULTRAHLE 2064 emulator and a few games that should be working (According to others). I hae Super Mario and Banjo Kazooi. When i try to start the rom, an error appears. It says that it can't find the MemPaks file. It also says there was a problem initializing th erom or something. Ive looked arround through the threads and the help file but i can't find how to fix it. Please let me know if their is something im completely overlooking.
Thanks for all your efforts, and for any feedback you have time to give on this thread.

Branislav7

Re: Problem(?)

ImNewAtThis said:
Hey all, im really new at this, hence the name. But i've known about and always had an snes emulator that ran all the games i wanted perfectly etc... some friends told me about an n64 emulator so im here to try an play it. I have ULTRAHLE 2064 emulator and a few games that should be working (According to others). I hae Super Mario and Banjo Kazooi. When i try to start the rom, an error appears. It says that it can't find the MemPaks file. It also says there was a problem initializing th erom or something. Ive looked arround through the threads and the help file but i can't find how to fix it. Please let me know if their is something im completely overlooking.
Thanks for all your efforts, and for any feedback you have time to give on this thread.

Looks like almost everyone experienced this problem...
If i remember correctly all you have to do is create a folder called MemPaks within the folder where you've extracted the emulator.
e.g. C:\UltraHLE_2064\Mempaks\

zeldafreak20

Someone should REALLy look into that SRAM problem with OoT.

Really wierd... My zelda worked fine, but then I tried it on another computer, and it didn't work. I came back to mine and it stopped working too. Wierd.