What's new

UltraHLE 2064 compat problems reports

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
Dominator said:
Yes.

No, this is most likely a sync problem. Switching to another sound plugin can partially/fully solve the problem.
Games already have their own limiters. No games has been considered as unplayable because of high speed during beta tests (even tho' *some* were close to this).

WRONG! This is not the plugins fault. I had the Problem with UHLE GFX + UHLE Sound, but when I use them in 1964 it works fine.
(The People have verry long fingers and toes...)

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
hmm i can barely get it to load any roms without it closing, most of em just close the emu, the only ones i can get to work are mario and the 2 zeldas.

these close the emu for me:

Pokemon Stadium 1 (Spanish) - Closes the emu
Pokemon Stadium 2 (USA) - Closes the emu
Starfox64 (USA) - Doesnt respond

and these are good dumps, cuz they work in other n64 emus, and starfox worked gr8 in the old UHLE

Stez

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
not really a bug, theres this green line in banjo kazooie above the house, i doubt it effects the game in any way, also is there any chance you can remove the black border in the corner? :)

(video plugin: jabos direct3d 1.40, i know it hasn't got the green line in 1964 or pj64) :p

Edit: Never mind, the green line appears in 1964 too lol :)

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Duke nukem Zero Hour, can only see part of the screen:

hardly playable in this state :p

While i'm at it;
Gex enter the gecko, it says gex isn't visable, thats true, but use jabos direct3d7 1.40 and set geometry transforms to internal and he's perfectly visable.

Last edited:

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
I also have problems with many games...
Did anyone try Dr. Mario 64 yet?...it seems to run well...at least the intro...but it doesn't take any commandos...I can't start the game...
In Zelda OoT and F-Zero X I get those "SRAM"-error-messages...they don't kill the game though...
Oh...btw...at least one emu that doesn't screw up the pause-menu in Zelda :)

Hm...a personal question...if you don't want to waste your time, don't read any further...only if you want to help me out :)
If you look at my specs...do you know if I could get Zelda to work perfectly?...cuz the only thing that's not perfect with this emu is the sound that has little stops all the time...I used the internal uhle audio plugin...
Thx

Oh...and thanks to the authors...I'm happy there are some people who care about the poor ones who can't affort a high-end machine and have need for a fast emu :) - keep up the good work :flowers:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
The little stops problem is caused by the speed of the whole emu. Try to find the plugin that is faster on your computer, it's very computer dependant, so don't believe what people are saying about this and try yourself ;) On some computers jabo plugin is faster than uhle one, on some other computers uhle plugin is far much faster, on some other it can be another one...

You can also try to play with the audio plugin, generally internal plugin is the best in stability. In some very special situations/games, using another plugin could have less skip.. But sounds will prolly lag and there's still some stability issues with external audio plugins.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Engeljaeger said:
Hm...a personal question...if you don't want to waste your time, don't read any further...only if you want to help me out :)
If you look at my specs...do you know if I could get Zelda to work perfectly?...cuz the only thing that's not perfect with this emu is the sound that has little stops all the time...I used the internal uhle audio plugin...
Thx

Well, my specs are very similar to yours. If you get a more faster videocard (32Mb, like a GeForce 2, or even better :) ) you wouldn't have any problem with the sound (maybe a sound crack from time to time).

ChaosBlade

My Heart Chose.. Revenge.
My report for mario and zelda1
======================
System Specs in sig.
Plugins Used:
- Xengine OGL
- uhle audio
- nrage dinput 1.82

Super Mario 64:
- The 'Press Start' Button is all black (Xengine OGL)
- also applies to score graphics ingame (stars,mario lifes,etc)
- text in menu and intro is a little unreadable .
- Shadows are chopped to lines everywhere .
- in the start of the intro , the clouds of the camera guy are half transperent and
and the sky can be seen through them .
- Between levels , the screen is all black , besides the stars count for that level
and the 'course' icon .

Legend Of Zelda - Ocarina Of Time:
- Good point : Xengine OGL + uhle2064 shows best graphics for this game so far .
only combo that shows me the moon in the start right , and the pause screens arent
mis-aligned any more .
- Equipment screen graphics are a bit messed up.
- The sign of 'money' that appers above link's head when he takes crystals is sometimes
white insted of the crystal color .
- this goes the same for the kokiri sword's hilt, and some other sprites .
- the action icon is invisible .
- not sure if this is suppose to be like this , but the hearts are
flashing (sometimes visible and sometimes not) .
- goes the same for some people like the kokiri girl above the store .

welp , Thats it so far :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Goldeneye, No Sound in the levels (internal plugin)

Also, this truck thing is going through the wall. quite humorous.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Mischief Makers (E) version doesn't work (It's labeled playable in the emu). It hangs when you press start in the "press start" screen. It's a good [!] version (revised).

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
goldeneye sound is an old bug

Sayargh said:
Goldeneye, No Sound in the levels (internal plugin)

The same thing happens in the old UltraHLE. Until they fix it, you can easily get sound with this simple workaround: at the file select screen (the one with 4 folders), DON'T choose the one 2nd file from the left. Then you will have sound.

Its funny, I just tried it out now using Xengine OGL and all the enemies were completely transparent, except for the muzzle flashes from their gunfire. It was like shooting invisible ghosts! Sweet, its like a new game, with 3 times the difficulty!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
More goldeneye, i'm pretty sure its not supposed to look like this:
(jabos direct3d7 1.4 i be using)