What's new

Ultimate Sega Saturn Games

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
I've never owned, borrowed, or even played a Sega Saturn and I now have an oppertunity to give it a try. What I want to know is... what games should I get?

kamin

I think alot would agree if you're into RPG's then the one game for you is Shining Force III, there's people out there who love this game so much they're going through the trouble of translating scenario's 2 and 3 as 1 was only ever released in English.

Guardian Heros' is another favourite, I havent played it a great deal but what I have played, well lets just say i was impressed!

Panzer Dragoon and Dark saviour are also worth checking out, the sega saturn was my favourite system, trouble is it's so easy to get engrossed in some of their games! And of course the true tradedgy was its early death. Such a crying shame.....:(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Guardian Heroes, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Radiant Silvergun, Any Shining Force game, Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Astal, Burning Rangers, Darius Gaiden, Die Hard Arcade, Fighters Megamix, Fighting Vipers, Last Bronx, KEIO Flying Squadron 2

To name a few.

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Story of Thor 2, Sonic Jam, Dragon Force, Mysteria, Virtua On, to name a few more. Also the street fight alpha/Discworld games if you don't already have them on the psx/pc.

...And there's a whole other list I have ready if you have no objection to playing japanese language games. ^_^

flow``

flow``
its hard to go wrong with some of the classics. pick up the 3 free games pack (daytona usa/virtua cop/virtua fighter 2) to get some great cheap games

it really depends what you like, but saturn bomberman is fun, and bustamove 2/3 are very addicitve

Borisz

Panzer Dragoon Saga
AMOK (dull game but has very unique looks)
Toshinden Remix (for cupidos music track only)
Bug and Bug Too
Clockwork Knight 1-2
Earthworm Jim 2 (the Saturn version is the best for the game)
Keio Flying Squadron 2
NIGHTS and Christmas NIGHTS
Baku Baku Animal
Puyo Puyo Tsuu
Puyo Puyo SUN
every Bust-a-move / Puzzle Bobble game
Decathlete and Winter Heat (if you like buttonmashers)
the Capcom Generation series for classic games
all of the Digital Pinball games, especially Necronomicon (best pinball game ever)
Quake, Duke Nukem 3d and Exhumed are very impressive ports, so is Command & Conquer
Virtua Fighter Remix
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Fighter Kids
Fighters Megamix
Fighting Vipers (japanese version only, cause it has Pepsiman)
Guardian Heroes
Metal Slug (not as smooth but it has extra modes compared to the neogeo versions)
Sakura Taisen series (if you can read japanese)
Saturn Bomberman
Saturn Bomberman FIGHT!!
Sega Rally
Daytona CCE (japanese version only)
Sonic Jam (if you don't have the Megadrive sonic games)
Virtua Cop 2
House of the Dead

every Capcom 2d fighter there is, especially imports (Cyberbots, X-Men vs Streetfighter, Vampire Savior, Marvel vs Streetfighter, Street Fighter Zero 3)

every Shooter game there is, especially Cotton 2, Cotton Boomerang, Soukyugurentai and Radiant Silvergun

Burning Rangers sucks, don't play it. The game looks like it's about to fall apart in any second, and the controls are terrible.
Die Hard Arcade sucks too, way too boring and dull.

The Saturn is the best for shmups and fighting games mainly.

OP
tye stik

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Wow, I didn't realize that Sega Saturn had so many games to choose from. I have Virtual On, Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Saga, NiGHTS, Virtua Cop, House of the Dead, and Guardian Heroes...
Oh and, um...
Doom because, well, it´s Doom, dammit.
/lol.

Now if I could only get this emulator to work...

Borisz

Doom was incredibly crap on the Saturn actually. Some halfassed team converted it or something. Low framerates and bad controls ahoy.

WhiteX

I see, Akumajou Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku - Nocturne in the Moonlight, is the full name of it.