What's new

Two questions about Gauntlet Legends

Strider4102

I read the thread linked to in the PJgameFAQ, and the tread mentioned two things, but never went into any sort of detail about them. I can get in and out of levels just fine using the save-plugin swap-load-wait-save-plugin swap-load trick, but the thread said it was possible(and had screenshots to prove it!) to
1)make the level stop changing color every time something gets hit(e.g. would flicker red if you drew blood with your shot, yellow if you hit a wall, and your player's color otherwise). The thread said to just "Change Blending Modes...", but left out other details, like which version of Jabo's plugin is he using (Dx71.4, Dx61.4, Dx61.3), what core settings (such as recomplier, expansion pak, 4kb linking, etc.), and even the video card's settings in the control panel.
2)They also said to listen for the sound to know when to save. I've tried all the sound plugins I could find and could not get sound to work in this game. Any details on what sound plugin to use, its settings, and core settings to go with it would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps, here is my system specs:
Hardware
Athlon 1.4GHz
256MB RAM
GeForce 2 MX 200
VIA Audio (Part of the motherboard)
Emulator
-1964/PJ64 (1964 seems to run Gauntlet a little better for me)
-Jabo's Dx71.4 video plugin
Display
D3D T&L HAL
640x480x32
Triple Buffer
FSAA
Anisotropic Filtering
Emulation
RSP(Autodetected)
External transorms
16 & 32 bpp textures
Fog
D-List culling
Advanced
No framebuffer
-Azimer's v.30 r2.2 audio plugin
Default buffer size
.21 style audio
-N-Rages input
(Too much to list here)
-Core settings (1964 v0.80 prerelease 2)
Expansion pak on
All save types
TLB on
No EEPROM
CF=2
Autodetect VI limit
Dyna-Compiler on
DMA in segments on
Self modifying code set to protect memory
32 bit is off
Register caching is on
FPU hack is on
Link 4kb blocks is off
Adv. Analysis is on
-Core Settings (pj64 1.4)
CPU is Recompiler
Self Mofifying code is protect memory
Memory size is 8MB
Adv.Block linking is on
Save type is 1st use
Counter factor is 2
Large compile buffer is on
TLB is on
Register caching is on

Hope this helps anyone who wants to help me(and probably many others in the process)

sirss

gauntlet legends

at least u could get that save change plugins to work , i never could get it ta work . dont know what ta tell ya, i just replyed hopeing ta get more interest in fixing this game , so maybe they will fix gauntlet legends someday as it is the greatest game ever made :pj64: