What's new

Two Noob questions because I am a fool and dont understand the internet :p

unkis4l

Okay so these questions have both been asked 1000 times but I cant make sense of the solutions people are offering. I need someone to answer these questions very slowly and basically as if they were talking to a child haha.

1) The first one is how can I get my N64 controller and adaptor to work on project64? I plug them in and open up the emulator but only the keyboard works.

2) Also how do I stop the flickering in paper mario (gamefaq says to sue a third party video plug in) but I have no clue what that means... I also do not understand how to install one of these plugins.

Thanks!

Ps I am working on a windows vista

OP
U

unkis4l

Okay nvm on question 1 I have solved it... question two still needs answering though :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
"Third-party video plugin" means some other graphics plugin that didn't come bundled with Project64, i.e. not created by Jabo and the rest of the Project64 team. One such popular third-party graphics plugin is Glide64.

You "install" a plugin by putting its DLL file into Project64's Plugin folder. With Glide64 however, there's more steps involved (main plugin DLLs go into the Plugin folder, glide3x.dll in the emulator folder, mainly).