What's new

Twilight Princess: Gamecube vs. Wii

Zilla

夢を見られた
I've heard that the Gamecube version also has a few fixed over the Wii version, like the trick with the Iron boots in the Goron Mines. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I seriously doubt that. All glitches that are the in the GC version is in the Wii version. If they made a fix and released another version, then it should be for both GC and Wii.
All in all, the GC version was released even after the Wii version, so how can the Wii version be fixed and not the GC?

Clements

I believe that Zilla was saying that glitches in the Wii version (such as the canon glitch) were fixed in the later released GC version, and not the reverse.

You all forgot to mention that the GameCube version features pan and scan, and has free camera roaming like Windwaker, wheras the Wii version is limited just like Ocarina of Time.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The Wii version features 4:3 and 16:9; No free camera yes, but who cares, I never once needed it playing the Wii version... i've gone hours of playing Wind Waker without ever touching C to look around, i'm quite content. The Glitches of the wii version don't exist in the PAL version of the game either.

Personally I wish more games had Zelda Wii's control scheme, its just fun.

Doomulation

I didn't get this before, but the entire world is mirrored in the Wii version. You'll have a hard time if you've played the GC version first. Left is right and right is left ;) Unfortunaly, some cut scenes (well, at least one I've seen) looks worse is the Wii version than on the GC version since you look at it from the LEFT instead of the intended RIGHT.
'Tis a shame.

Also, I would remember that you could use the nunchuck to do the finishing attack, but it would seem they changed that to simply pressing A in the final version. Wii also features a "pixel precise" aiming as they say, but as it looks, it is useless. I can aim quickly and perfectly on the GC version and on the videos I've seen, they have problems aiming right.

I also thought of another change. In the GC version, there's two spin attacks: Rotate the control stick once and press B. And second, just hold down B. In the Wii version, there's just one: the hold down B version, but executed by swinging the nunchuck left and right. Although the spin is executed instantly but there is a small recharge after each spin attack. But there's no "free" spin attack as in the GC version. Though the free spin attack isn't as powerful as the charged one.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
the hold down B version, but executed by swinging the nunchuck left and right.
Err... No , this proves you haven't played the game because you don't have to hold down B, you just shake it left to right and he does the spin attack. What you have to base your information is videos you've seen, as for the looking cutscenes... I didn't have a hard time with them, and they didn't look bad.

The ones that have trouble aiming are the ones with no skill, its piss easy for me, but you can change it to analog aiming in the options but it is far less fun to use. Of course you're going to favor the GC version, its the one you played first - but playing Wind Waker isn't anywhere near as fun as it used to be, you end up wanting to swing the controller and nothing happens when you do.

I honestly would rather use the Wii mote to swing the sword than Press B any day.

Last edited:

Doomulation

Err... No , this proves you haven't played the game because you don't have to hold down B, you just shake it left to right and he does the spin attack.
That's what I stated - only one spin attack. In GC, there are two. There are two for wolf link, though, in both versions.

What you have to base your information is videos you've seen, as for the looking cutscenes... I didn't have a hard time with them, and they didn't look bad.
I'm not stating they're bad - but they could have looked better.
Compare the Midna cutscene after you get the sword & shield. It just looks much better on the GC version. I haven't found any other bad cutscenes at this point, though, so that's good.

The ones that have trouble aiming are the ones with no skill, its piss easy for me, but you can change it to analog aiming in the options but it is far less fun to use.

Well, each to their own. I will try both when I can. Just my initial impression.

Oh and in the Wii version, you can set items to 4 keys, while in the GC version, you can just have TWO keys.

Last edited: