What's new

Twilight Princess: Gamecube vs. Wii

Ruthless_Edge

owns a dollar-can buy your ass
Hi, I looked but could not find anything, and I hope I have this in the right topic.

I was just wondering, are there any main differences between gc and wii when it comes to twilight princess?

I am currently staying with friends and they have a cube, and I would love the wii but cant afford it.

So, I understand wii has the controller, and its motion capabilities, and higher quality screen output for hdtv's, but other than that, what else is there? I have checked other sites, previewing the games but no real point outs other than what i just mentioned.

so other than those two, what else is there?

thanks guys for your help

OP
R

Ruthless_Edge

I just noticed one thread. mentioning something about askin if they are one disk? basically u can buy the gamecube version, and it work with the wii, but with wii capabilities? is this true?

also, last thing....have to wait till dec 11 for cube version? thanks

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The Wii version uses the Wiimote and has 16:9 (Widescreen) support. Also, Link is a righty in the Wii version, but lefty in the GC. That's all.
And no - the GC version is the GC version. You can't use the Wii control with it if you play it on the Revolution.
The GC version will be released sometime in December, I don't know exactly when. It may 8th or 11th, or sometime else. But early in December, I'm told.

Clements

Apparently, the Wii version is a 'reflection' of the GC version, so everything is flipped horizontally (thus Link using his right hand in the Wii version instead of left) due to the fact that there is a higher proportion of right-handed people and so swinging the sword is easier for them. Although there is no left handed version of the controls, I heard that left-handed people (such as myself) will not be impeded by this.

Doomulation

I think it's the other way around... the Wii version is a mirror of the GC version. They made Link a righty because more people are right handed and so the majority would swing the sword with the right hand. But the controller is not Link, but it tells him to slash, so it really doesn't matter if you're left or right. And it would be pretty much impossible to support both, I guess...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Let's see... Link is already left-handed in the GC version... Why not just adding a F**KING option to switch hands in the Wii version? The developers could even implement it while playing (Link would simply have to grab the sword with his other hand and that's it. An animation showing the hand switch would be a simple deal too).

Last edited:

Doomulation

What's with the attitude? It's not a simple deal. Nintendo had to go through pretty much everything in the game and flip it to make it work with right-handed.
What, now there should be TWO versions? Two versions of each cut scene... hmm... more work...
What's the big deal anyway? It's just what hand swings the sword with. He'll swing it whether or not you're left or right.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
How hard could it be if they already did it for the GC version? I mean really, it was not supposed to be done from scratch! I'd agree that it would be a big deal to do it from scratch, but it's already done.

I'm just a little tired of the way most companies start to think. Big N obviously dropped the idea in order to have the game ready for the Wii Launch. Admit it! They are more than capable to implement such stuff if they want to. :p

Doomulation

How hard could it be if they already did it for the GC version? I mean really, it was not supposed to be done from scratch! I'd agree that it would be a big deal to do it from scratch, but it's already done.
It's the other way around... the Wii version is mirrored :plain: They mirrored the Wii version so Link would be righty...

I'm just a little tired of the way most companies start to think. Big N obviously dropped the idea in order to have the game ready for the Wii Launch. Admit it! They are more than capable to implement such stuff if they want to. :p
Oh, I would agree on that, especially with Miyamoto "upending the table" all the time :p

I don't know why they can't have both versions... time restraints or technical limitations, perhaps?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Think of it this way, you buy the GC version you can treat it like a mirror mode of the game. ;) - I don't think the whole thing is such a big deal...

Last edited:

yegosimo

Bug Killer
So we know that it has a difference on Link's hands...
Now.. about graphics? I heard that they would be the same right?
I think that obviously, the GC will be forced to make some good work while the Wii will feel the game like Windows feels the Notepad...

Doomulation

Think of it this way, you buy the GC version you can treat it like a mirror mode of the game. ;) - I don't think the whole thing is such a big deal...

No, it's the other way around! :p The Rev version is mirrored. Let's say that you treat the Rev version like a mirrored version of GC.
Everyone seems to forget the GC version nowadays. They all speak of the Rev version.

yegosimo: No graphical differences (besides the mirrored hand).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
No, it's the other way around! :p The Rev version is mirrored. Let's say that you treat the Rev version like a mirrored version of GC.
Everyone seems to forget the GC version nowadays. They all speak of the Rev version.

yegosimo: No graphical differences (besides the mirrored hand).

That's what I meant, its a mirror of the Wii version, I know the GC version is the original I just assume the Wii is the better version so it takes priority.

Doomulation

That's what I meant, its a mirror of the Wii version, I know the GC version is the original I just assume the Wii is the better version so it takes priority.

No, the Rev version is a mirror of the GC version :p Not the other way around... no matter how much you turn and shift it, it still remains true, even if the Rev version is better.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
..... Ok, I've known from my very post in this thread that the gamecube version is the original ... I am merely stating that it is a mirror of the Wii version NOT that the GC version is the one that is flipped [Confused enough?'], which it is even though the Wii version is the one that is mirrored, get it? They are a mirror of each other no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:
OP
R

Ruthless_Edge

another question...

Ok, so basically other than controls and a higher def output, I wont be missing out on anything (inluding extras, hidden secrets specifically for wii, etc) with the gamecube version, right?

case closed, quit ur arguing lol..... thanks though...

Question # 5468441125468

Jacob, from Illinois writes,
Dear emutalk,
I was wondering about the size of the game? from what I hear its 70+ hours.....for such a big massive game, its got to be bigger than a gamecube disk, right? i dont know much about the wii, so i dont know about the format media, but as for the cube, will this game span across multiple discs? or just the one? how?

and just for fun, what about the media format for wii?

anyone who can help out jacob, please write:

P.O. somethin etc etc.......

lol, just kidding

Doomulation

Not higher def output, WIDESCREEN. I believe many GC games can do 480p and I'm sure Zelda will not be an exception.
I'm pretty sure it's just one disc. I know the Rev version is.