What's new

Trying to get Sonic Adventure Running With Chankast

adrian2055

Hi guys,

I'm new to dreamcast emulation and I'm wondering what I need to do to play Sonic Adventure on my laptop. I do have the original game that I purchased today and a downloaded version. I tried to play the downloaded version and It ran very slow. It wouldn't play my original disc. I tried Chankast Alpha 02a and Chankast Alpha 025, but neither worked. What do I need to do to get this game running?

Here's My PC Specs:

Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition SP1
Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz Processor
2GB RAM
nVidia GeForce FX Go5200 Graphics Adapter
Sigmatel C-Major Audio Controller
TSST TS-L462C 24x Slim CD-RW/DVD Drive
Lite-On LH-20A1P 20x External DVD-RW Drive
Fujitsu 40GB Internal Hard Drive
Western Digital 160GB External Hard Drive

Could vista be the problem? I also wanted to know if there's a way that I can rip the game from my original disc and play it using an image on my hard drive. The reason I asked is because I tried to rip the image with DiscJuggler and It was only 30mb file so I know I messed up somewhere. Plus it would be easier to play the game using an image on my hard drive if that's possibe.

JKKDARK

Making an image of the GD-ROM would be a waste of time since you need stuff like coders cable, bba, etc. It's not the same method like a normal CD or DVD.

This game should work without problems, I don't know what's wrong. Did you try with nullDC?

OP
A

adrian2055

Thanks for the fast reply. No, I haven't tried nullDC yet. I will give it a shot and see if it works for me. Is it best to try and use my original disc or the one that I downloaded? My dvd burner reads the original, but it didn't work with chankast.

spartan

Thanks for the fast reply. No, I haven't tried nullDC yet. I will give it a shot and see if it works for me. Is it best to try and use my original disc or the one that I downloaded? My dvd burner reads the original, but it didn't work with chankast.

like JKKDARK said, your disk wont work cause its not the same as a real cd or dvd.

OP
A

adrian2055

Ok. Understood......One more question before I start playing. I got things working with nullDC, but I don't know how to save my game. Everytime I stop the emulator I have to start over. What am I doing wrong? I thought I would get the option to save the game as I play it, but I never got that option.

JKKDARK

Launch nullDC without an image mounted and you will go to the BIOS screen. Then go to the VMU icon and format your memory card/s.