What's new

tri or quad screen gameplay????

seam

i was wondering if there was anyway it would be possible to play pj64 on 3 or 4 screens at the same time. dual screens is fine, but would 3-4 ever be possible? I realize it would require figuring out a way to use two different video cards at the same time, but i know there are computer games capable of doing this. just curious, cus it would be a cool feature for those who have many monitors.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Could you click the edit button on your two other threads matching this one please and press "delete"?

This sort of feature is only possible through the use of a Hack as the game is not designed to do this, that kind of defeats the purpose of emulation doesn't it? emulation = act like machine.

OP
S

seam

ScottJC said:
Could you click the edit button on your two other threads matching this one please and press "delete"?

This sort of feature is only possible through the use of a Hack as the game is not designed to do this, that kind of defeats the purpose of emulation doesn't it? emulation = act like machine.

i tried, but this board always gives me problems.... and yes im aware of what emulation is. ive been in the scene since the early 90s. notice how i said "cool feature". a feature. just like how 2xsai is a "feature", or antialiasing is a "feature". both of these are NOT available in the nintendo 64 itself, yet its available in the emulator... thanks for your positive input though.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yes but Anti-alias and AF is easy to implement, its basicly the graphics card handling that.

What you're proposing would require the graphics plugin to know exactly when there are 2 screens and render them on two different graphics cards, or 4. This is why I say it is a Hack, potentially yes I suppose it could be done but it would be very difficult.

Poobah

You said 'emulation = act like machine'
He said '2xsai is a "feature", or antialiasing is a "feature". both of these are NOT available in the nintendo 64 itself, yet its available in the emulator'
You said 'Yes but Anti-alias and AF is easy to implement, its basicly the graphics card handling that'