What's new

TR64 Ogl ver 0.7.5

Takmadeus

well..... here goes my report......

even being the only GPU plugin that allows me to have a decent graphic quality in some games like zelda, allowing in that case to see Tatl and Navi's body correctly, I shall say that its drawback is the lack of configurable parts like the resolution and color depth...... which makes it very slow even having a decent hardware (AMD atlon XP 1800+, Sis 630/730 64 Mb Vram video card, 256 Mb of ram) for I shall say, this is the best plugin, but its lack of speed due to the lack of configuration makes it a no no...... maybe if some basic configuration options are made in a near future, then this plugin will be worth a shot...... as for now, we can use Jabo's D3D plugin, not so good quality, but a lot faster....

CRi{]v[}iNaL

buddy jabos is the best quality graphic plugin but it require at least a radeon or geforce, that may be why ur experiencing lower quality image

Takmadeus

well.... it is actually not THAT bad..... but sometimes let's say that it does not show the things very well.... as a fairy's body.... it is showed just as a big pixel... OGL shows the correct sphere......

karth95

Lord of the Cats
report what? you just said that you think the plugin isn't very good. Got any actual bugs to report?
It's one of the best open GL plugins there is. Jabo's DirectX plugins are good, but they sacrifice some quality for compatibility. Unless you got words of encouragement, or an actual bug to report, I would suggest being more carefull about what you say.
"Ignore this plugin and go to another" isn't very helpful.

In addition to that (I know everyone hates these, but that's how it is) Your video card (Sis video) does not have the sort of driver and opengl support that this plugin takes advantage of. I doubt that you'll see any graphical improvement, but try downloading the latest drivers and see if thier open GL support has gotten any better. Failing that, Skip lunch a few times and get a GF2 TI 64, which, though old, has incredible driver support, and is, quite honestly, an amazing card for being 50$.

Takmadeus

karth95 said:
report what? you just said that you think the plugin isn't very good. Got any actual bugs to report?
It's one of the best open GL plugins there is. Jabo's DirectX plugins are good, but they sacrifice some quality for compatibility. Unless you got words of encouragement, or an actual bug to report, I would suggest being more carefull about what you say.
"Ignore this plugin and go to another" isn't very helpful.

In addition to that (I know everyone hates these, but that's how it is) Your video card (Sis video) does not have the sort of driver and opengl support that this plugin takes advantage of. I doubt that you'll see any graphical improvement, but try downloading the latest drivers and see if thier open GL support has gotten any better. Failing that, Skip lunch a few times and get a GF2 TI 64, which, though old, has incredible driver support, and is, quite honestly, an amazing card for being 50$.

Ok, OK.... no need to be so rough... I get your point, and i do understand you.... well... i was not meaning to talk bad about this plugin (even more, it is the best OGL plugin out)... as for the report.... well, it was not a bug report.... just was what i would call an experience report... (sorry for not making that clear), that thing about the words of encouragement... let me correct that... i was ot meaning to discourage the author... and even more, I think his work is great, since there are not too much who dare to code plugins for N64 emus, meaning he is a very capable coder and very versatile...... but (not that the following applies here) not always saying that something is good is the best thing...... i would then have to say "bleem is a Great emulator, (for now) and it runs perfectly and smooth, oh! and I forgot, it runs 99% of the games" just because i don't have to discourage the author, while giving opinions like... "hey, bleem 3d is not as good as you say it is, it has this thing or that, but I am sure you can correct it someday, just keep it up!" would be better, see? i am sasying bleem is basd, but I am telling the author that i trust his skills, and that he is able to make it better, which is everything but discouraging him, saying that something that is in reality crap, is good is doing only more damage, as you are lying to the author and yourself, truth hurts, but it doesn not kill you, then if you are smart, you know it will make you stronger... ... look, the world is big, and not everything is as good as you would want it to be..... if trying to give some pointers as a reference to guide whoever read my words is to discourage someone, then I'd better shut my mouth, break my fingers and let the world destroy itself....... great changes have to be done with some minor modifications, and a point of view is like water in the desert then....... try to figure out what's going on further than your reality, and then you'll find out that there are too much folks around it that are right in some way.......

and a Gforce here costs what would be 300 US dollars... so obviously, it will not be easy to afford one......

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I apologize. I was quite harsh. I am just getting tired of people feeling like the people writing these emulators and plugins are theirs to control. If you like a plugin, then tell the author he kicks ass. If you think there's something misssing, point it out, but for goodness sake, don't tell someone they work to slow or it isn't good enough for you. Azimer left because of people bitching and being morons.

One plugin or another will probably do what you are looking for. until you find that plugin, don't bash the others. Constructive criticism: Good.
Destructive criticism: Bad.

As a side note... A Geforce costs 300$? is this a Geforce, or a GeForce 4, cause I'm talkin a GF2, which is a rather old piece of hardware. Heck, you could probably import one for less than 75, in almost any country in the world.
The GF4 is much much much more expensive, no matter where you are.

Takmadeus

Well...... you are right Karth..... and I will say something.... I want to apologize for everything.... the last thing I would want is to see any other emu auuthor leaving.... and even less because of me..... I know I was a little bit tight on my opinions, and I was harsh at you on my last post.... so then, I want to apologize again because of this misunderstanding.... as you can see in my first ost, I was saying that the plugin was slow, and it lacked on configurable parts...... then I did not say that the plugin was entirely bad, and in the first part I even said that it was a great plugin........ I did not mention that tha coder was a bad coder, or that he did a bad product...... I said that jabo's D3D didn't have so good graphics, but it was compared to TROGL, if it were sooooo bad as you said I was saying..... would I be saying that I use it?... or saying that it wass the other great option?

PS: a GeForce 2 mx costs 300 US dollars, and no reliable shipping system ships here to Colombia, besides I don't have a credit card, nor money to buy one.....

Last edited:

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Here is 3 screenshot from Castlevania (U) (V1.0) [!] using the latest v0.7.5a of your gfx plugin...

Using:
1964 0.8.5
Win2000
Matrox G450 32Mb

euphoria

Emutalk Member
The above is the same place in the game as this one but along the corridor there are two places where the graphics turn into like the above. Here's what it looks like normally:

euphoria

Emutalk Member
And the pause menu (in all of the games some textures have borders like in this shot)

Last edited:

Gaenya

Takmadeus said:
Well...... you are right Karth..... and I will say something.... I want to apologize for everything.... the last thing I would want is to see any other emu auuthor leaving.... and even less because of me..... I know I was a little bit tight on my opinions, and I was harsh at you on my last post.... so then, I want to apologize again because of this misunderstanding.... as you can see in my first ost, I was saying that the plugin was slow, and it lacked on configurable parts...... then I did not say that the plugin was entirely bad, and in the first part I even said that it was a great plugin........ I did not mention that tha coder was a bad coder, or that he did a bad product...... I said that jabo's D3D didn't have so good graphics, but it was compared to TROGL, if it were sooooo bad as you said I was saying..... would I be saying that I use it?... or saying that it wass the other great option?

PS: a GeForce 2 mx costs 300 US dollars, and no reliable shipping system ships here to Colombia, besides I don't have a credit card, nor money to buy one.....
Takmadeus en que parte de Colombia vivis???

Flea

FYI icepir8:
In response to the borders...GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE instead of GL_CLAMP might help reduce that. I use it on the Mac OS X port and it makes all my textures connect.

Gaenya

Ya veo, porque las tarjetas de video estan baratas aqui, una GF2 MX se consigue por 100.000 y es mucho mejor que la que tenes...

Takmadeus

de buenas..... aunque mi sis 630 aguanta con el procesador (AthlonXP 1.8 Ghz)... y es suficiente cuando le pongo a compartir 64 Mb de Vram......... asi que no creo que necesite, ademas de que no hay plata

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Agreed. This is no gfx card quiz thread or somethin'...this is about icepir's opengl plugin. Stay on topic or goto irc or somethin' and talk 'bout whatever you want.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Umm ya, a little chit-chat is ok, but when it starts comin' it isn't ok...
That's spam. Just to let you know.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Takmadeus said:
alright, alright.... gosh boys.... everyone in this forum is so touchy... take it easy, will ya'?
It's just frustrating seeing a new post and then finding out it's not english (btw. what language is that?). Nothing against you guys chit-chatting:)