What's new

torrent?

smegforbrain

Qun - I've heard about the problem you are having as well, and, although I am also a Comcast customer, I can offer you no solutions.

There are forums out there that can probably help you though.

My client of choice is TorrentStorm, with Azureus to "pick and choose" (since that's not supported very well in TS).

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
I looked into it some more and I read on dslreports forums that bittorrent stresses the modem for some reason, probably due to the heavy upload traffic (guess). Certain models can handle it though so some on broadband don't have the problem, at least as bad. I read where someone put a heatsink on one of the chips inside the modem which dramatically improved his bittorrent experience. Mine is rented so I can't do that. I suppose I could buy my own modem but as I am moving soon that would not be wise since I don't know what broadband services are available wherever I move to.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I have gotten little problems while using torrentstorm when I was on a dsl connection in my dorm room. Like smegforbrain said, you should try another version of bittorrent.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Next time I see something I want through bittorrent I'll try Azureus and see what happens. I have it installed but I've been using Torrentstorm since I learned how to use it first. The heat problem sounds more likely to me though because after the connection goes dead and I reset the modem and computer, subsequent bittorrent sessions are much shorter, anywhere from 5-15min. before it happens again like the modem hasn't had time to cool down.