What's new

Too slow

mexican(Aus)

Silent Assasin
After upgrading from a Sparkle GF4 MX420 64mb and 256 PC133 mb ram to GF4 Ti4200 64mb and 512mb PC2100 ram I noticed that pj 64 didnt really improve at all. Unless of course I have settings wrong or something.

Games like Banjo Tooie, Banjo Kazooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day seem a bit slow, something is wrong with the speed of the background. When I move around Its like its lagging or something.

Just to be safe what would be the ideal graphics and rom settings
for the three games mentioned above on my system?

Athlon 1800+
512mb Ram 266mhz
ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4200 OTES 64mb @300/600
40 gig Seagate HD
Windows 98 SE

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mexican(Aus) said:
After upgrading from a Sparkle GF4 MX420 64mb and 256 PC133 mb ram to GF4 Ti4200 64mb and 512mb PC2100 ram I noticed that pj 64 didnt really improve at all. Unless of course I have settings wrong or something.

Games like Banjo Tooie, Banjo Kazooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day seem a bit slow, something is wrong with the speed of the background. When I move around Its like its lagging or something.

Just to be safe what would be the ideal graphics and rom settings
for the three games mentioned above on my system?

Athlon 1800+
512mb Ram 266mhz
ABIT Siluro GF4 Ti4200 OTES 64mb @300/600
40 gig Seagate HD
Windows 98 SE

That's because your pc with a GF4 MX and 256MB PC2100 was already more than enough. Those games are known to be kinda slow, nothing you can do.

whatboy

Those games are known to be kinda slow, nothing you can do.

I do not have the "real thing", but I have played those games and besides some little glitches, they run fair enough...

But If you really want to upgrade your PC... get rid of your OS, install WinXP (I haven't tested in XP), Win2K... I have W2k Pro...

whatboy

Oh and there's DirectX 9...

I installed the other day and notice this... On Mickey's Race [something], when the two cars cross the screen, with DirectX 8.1, I only saw some random-colored-dot-screen and the cars running across the screen, after installing DX9 I saw a black screen and the water effect when the cars ran across the screen... but on a slower system, the fps droped dramatically (16Mb video), but not on a fairly system (64Mb video)...

OP
mexican(Aus)

mexican(Aus)

Silent Assasin
whatboy said:
If you really want to upgrade your PC... get rid of your OS, install WinXP (I haven't tested in XP), Win2K... I have W2k Pro...

I have W2k and XP home both of which arent nearly as good as 98 for games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuestX

OS's are not Devoloped for Emulators in special... :happy:

And this thread was about PJ64 is to slow and not
about OS stabillity.... <_<

I use conker's bad fur day with 1964, and it's running almost perfect (res. 640x480x32 & aa), maybe an option...

Edit: A video-card don't make the n64-emulation faster. The videocard does do the rendering work, and the cpu does the emulation!

Last edited: