What's new

Tick Settings?

camperdave

I'm trying to get my FPS up to a level where I can use the 3d ripper dx (which I found before I found this site =] )

So I was told to put on the dynarec, and I did.

Then I was told to use the tick settings.

What do they actually control?

When I raise them up too high (apparently), the emu window just turns white.

How do I use them safely for Super Smash Bros Mele and Animal Crossing?

Alternatively, any tips you guys have for boosting the FPS?

mariokart64n

Tip for boosting speed, get a really really faster super computer.

tick modifiers i think are just speed hacks, which ultimately crash all game emu'd on it

dynarec seems to be the best of the speed hacks, i think it has something to do with the core. but i think it locks up ssbm. you really don't need more then 6fps to use a ripper, i did it.

Sercio

SSBM : dynarec on, tick modifer 1 and change language in the options... even if you can boost the fps 3d ripper dx wont work faster ;)

OP
C

camperdave

So....

SO...

I need to set the settings to dynarec and tick 1

Then boot AC or SSMBM

Wait as long as I need to...

And let it copy?

BlueFalcon7

Tip for boosting speed, get a really really faster super computer.

tick modifiers i think are just speed hacks, which ultimately crash all game emu'd on it

dynarec seems to be the best of the speed hacks, i think it has something to do with the core. but i think it locks up ssbm. you really don't need more then 6fps to use a ripper, i did it.

Super computer would work, except it would have to be single core

The dynarec on the other hand is a DYNAmic RECompiler. It takes a block of instructions in the executable. Usually between jump commands (I think) and recodes them into the cache, so they resemble something a lot closer to the native code (of the computer thats emulating the code.) Im not a programmer, so I couldnt tell you everything about a dynarec.

As for the dynarec locking up SSBM, Im not sure about that, but I do know that a bad dynarec can cause the emulation to crash. I think Lightning was having a little trouble with his dynarec last time I talked to him.