What's new

THIS is why i'm sticking with AMD...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
look how badly my lowly k6-2 outperforms these cpus :D in particular the via pieces of shit.. lol :D

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I always knew deep down that there wasn't a pentium that could beat an amd cpu running at the same clock speed:D

Trotterwatch

Isn't your processor running at 600mhz though? If so, then the P3-600 would be the fairer comparison... and methinks that would win.

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
it was, but i didnt realize how hot it was getting, so it's at 550
now, with a voltage of 2.6 (higher volts increase speed for some reason) but i've got a sufficient cooling system :) :blush:

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
amd ownz j00 :colgate: You've got to realize tht the p3 was released a while after the k6-2, while the k6-2 has a very bad fpu, and look how close it comes in comparison to the p3's fpu! the k6-2 even beat it substantially in the mips test! thing that gets me is that the k6-2 was only meant to compete with the p2, so if you think about it, amd did a damn fine job. :)

Last edited:

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
cooliscool said:
look how badly my lowly k6-2 outperforms these cpus :D in particular the via pieces of shit.. lol :D

The via chips are ment to be a cheap and very cool alternative for CPUs, a C3 chip is way less hot then any other brand out today. Though it is lacking in almost all areas, a plus is their math core is extreamily accurate :)

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
hehe, i knew that much, you can run them without a heatsink or a fan (0.13 micron technology), and they will still be stable as ever, but obviously suck ass in floating point math operations. :)

Eagle

aka Alshain
I've used that program before, Its highly inaccurate. Download the PCMark benchmark by MadOnion.

ShadowFX

Guardian
I know that you are far better off with the AMD series, but I currently have P4 and it still works great. But in the future I will buy computer components and when combined, I will power it with a AMD inside. I'm also looking forward to the new AMD series, what where they called again?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
'barton' i think, the newest released ones are 'thoroughbred' tho. i think theres also another named 'claw hammer', but i dunno if thats the same as 'barton' or not.

Slougi

barton is just the athlon we have now with double the cache (512k)

the all new chips are the "hammers"