What's new

this is not about illegal roms

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy

Banned
PLEASE DON'T BAN ME.
I'm not asking for illegal roms.

I want to get the roms off of my games that I have at home, but good old Google isn't giving me anything when I search...

Does anyone know where I can get the hardware to take roms off of my LEGAL Cartridges that I OWN and thus am NOT PIRATING?

P.S. There aren't any good rom download sites anymore anyway.

Lizard Blade

ROM ripping is also not to be discussed here, although I don't believe its a bannable offense like ROM requests, just don't talk about it.

OP
S

stickboy

Banned
Lizard Blade said:
ROM ripping is also not to be discussed here, although I don't believe its a bannable offense like ROM requests, just don't talk about it.

I think I understand. We can't talk about illegal ROMs, we can't talk about legal ROMs... What's the flippin point of this thing then?

Emulation is a learned thing... but if you can't learn how or with what from anybody it seems like a moot point.

Clements

Emulation is not just about downloading ROMs and pirating. It shows that a team of coders have the necessary talent to program a compatible emulator which is 100% legal.

Talking about ROMs is tedious since there isn't that much that is interesting about them. The are just back-ups of games. What is there to talk about?

You can download legal PD roms and run them just fine. You can talk about PD roms if you want, how they are created, what's the best PD game and so on. Just as long as you don't talk about downloading illegal games. On this site we heed the law and are frankly not all that bothered about ROMs.

What is much more interesting is finding out how the N64 works.

Status
Not open for further replies.