What's new

This didn't happen before...

ILR

Banjo Kazooie ran perfectly on my system (athlon 1700/1.4ghz, 256 ram, Geforce 3 ti200). But today whenever I walk up to a puzzle piece to add pieces to the puzzle it slows down horribly. It wasn't mentioned in the FAQ. The only thing I changed is using my new Adaptoid. So I switched back to the keyboard and it STILL was fugged up! If this has happened before and a solution is found, let me in on it! If not, no biggie! Placing puzzle pieces doesn't require fast action frame rates :p

Another question: Is there a way to view frame rates on full screen? It feels like the game is running slower .. but... i can't quite tell.. ;_;

Last question! I promise... Wave Race 64 (japanese) works great.. but the game runs.... slowly. The emulator reports 60 fps but it just runs slow! Its hardly noticable until you get to Southern Island, where is UNGODLY slow. Think the US verson would have this problem (anyone with experience on this?)

:pj64:

iq_132

Banned
I think i have heard about it being slow at the puzzle somewhere in emutalk, just do a little searching, and you might find the solution you are looking for, as for me, i'm too lazy to find it for you :)

Allnatural

Disable the self-rendered textures. You'll lose some framebuffer effects, but you probably won't miss them.

jollyrancher

Last question! I promise... Wave Race 64 (japanese) works great.. but the game runs.... slowly. The emulator reports 60 fps but it just runs slow! Its hardly noticable until you get to Southern Island, where is UNGODLY slow. Think the US verson would have this problem (anyone with experience on this?)

The U.S. version of Wave Race, when run on the new PJ64 at default settings, gets my vote for best emulated game ever! The graphics/sound are insane when run on a P4 1.8 ghz with a geforce3 on a 19" monitor at 1024X768. It's one of the rare times that an emulated game runs much better than the real thing... frame rate is perfect (no pauses either in this game!), sound is perfect... no other racer that can be played on the PC even comes close. Shockingly, I'd take this over Gran Turismo, which I've played countless times on the Playstation. And by the way, there's no slowdown anywhere, even on Southern Island. You do need a super fast computer because PJ64 1.4 didn't run it quite fast enough on a P4 and the sound crackled... but now it's perfect on 1.5!