What's new

The Very best Plugins - Questions.

SegaBOI

SEGA Enthusiast
Been doing some N64 gameing lately (LOVEING DJIPIS CEL ZELDA MOD!!) and was just wondering what are the current "top of the line" plugins for Project 64? The latest version I have came with jabus (which seem to work fine) and ive been useing Rice for Cel Zeldas sake, but what could be considerd the best ones to use? - curious. :p

PS: Yea i havent posted here in awhile, but I lurk all the time (especially now that ive finally discoverd hi res texture packs.. yea i know im slow.) :smurf:

specs (on the off chance they are needed): {amd 64 3500+ @2.20ghz} {2gb (kingston) Dual channel ram} {ATI Xpress 200 chipset} {ATI X1800XL 256MB PCI express 16x gfx card} ~ Thanks. SEGA.

** EDIT **

Another quick question that just buggerd its way into my skull. Which emulator is considerd the best as of late (for n64 that is). I have enjoyed project 64 for a long while and can see no reason NOT to use it, but am I missing out on something, are other emulators currently MORE functional? ~ Thanks.

Last edited:

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Project64's still the best. The plugins you mentioned are quite good. The only thing you're missing are a few plugins:
Glide64 - works wonders for many games. Certainly, it gets updated a lot and the wrappers work well with it.
Direct64 - Orkin's excellent plugin. Well recommended for Zelda.
glN64 - Practically, an earlier version of Direct64 based in OpenGl instead of DirectX. It hasn't been updated in a long while.
That's all I can think of for the moment.

gamerk316

Glides new plugin works really well. Apparently it's even got the videos from RE2 working now!

Jabo's and Rices work great too.

Wouldn't bother with anything else though...

Stu L Tissimus

Direct64 and glN64 are probably the best video plugins. BUt you have to realize that there is no video plugin that does it all, you have to switch 'em for different games.

Oh, and PJ64 is still probably the best N64 emulator. As for missing features.... Well, I guess PJ64k qualifies for that, since it has online play.