What's new

The Old SSB question.

Kyo

Yeah..
I'm new here, but i've been following for quite some time, and finally decided to post. Hi.

It's always the same Super Smash Bros. question: now that the frame buffer rocks, how about fixing those shields and the others 2d parts of the game that are not shown properly - like Snorlax? Or maybe is there a setting configuration to fix that? I don't think so, but could be..

Thanks.

NeoNight

Try orkins plugin I think he has it running almost perfect (even has that fuzzy thing on the secert characters avatars. (you know before you get them that shadow of the character you see and that fuzzy hting over it)

OP
Kyo

Kyo

Yeah..
I would use one of them, but Gln64 is slow thanks to crappy Catalyst drivers, and Glide64 has awful slowdowns when showing some effects (like hitting Falcon, Link or Samus, or the fire). Other solutions?

PabloJM

Kyo said:
I'm new here, but i've been following for quite some time, and finally decided to post. Hi.

It's always the same Super Smash Bros. question: now that the frame buffer rocks, how about fixing those shields and the others 2d parts of the game that are not shown properly - like Snorlax? Or maybe is there a setting configuration to fix that? I don't think so, but could be..

Thanks.
I found in SSB that Jabo's Direct3D 1.4 Plugins (either D3D6 & D3D7) add a "blinking" effect to your character when you're invincible and doing some other stuff, but causes glitches in Title, Stage and Character Selection Screen. I didn't find another plugin doing that.
The first shot is a normal screen, and the second shows this effect when mario is growing.

Last edited: