What's new

The horror!!

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
EMULATRONIA NEWS: El pasado día 26 de Diciembre fue aprobada en el congreso de los diputados, por mayoría absoluta, una ley que condenará a los que tengan emuladores de consolas de Sony, Nintendo, Sega y Microsoft a una pena de cárcel comprendida entre 2 días y 2 meses, en función de la cantidad de emuladores de estas compañías que se posea. El seguimiento se realizará enviando a inspectores a las casas de todos los españoles para comprobar que sus ordenadores, consolas y consolas portátiles están "limpitas". Para el próximo 31 de Diciembre en la Puerta del Sol de Madrid a las 00:00 (coindiciendo con las 12 campanadas) se ha convocado a todos los posibles afectados a una manifestación. Esperamos vuestra asistencia.

For those who doesn't read spanish: www.emulatronia.com, the best emulation related news site in spanish, posted in December 28th, 2003 that last December 26th, the Spanish Congress has passed a law that will condone everyone that possess any Sony, Nintendo, Sega, or micro$oft console emulator, to a penalty of 2 days to 2 months, depending on how many emulators that person possess. The absurd: The fiscalization will be done by sending inspectors to the houses of each spanish citizen, to verify if their computers are 'clean'... The site anounced that a manifestation is being organised to December 31th, in Madrid, "Puerta del Sol", at 00h00m.

...don't know whether this is true or not, but Emulatronia has always been a trustful site, so... The horror!

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Can they do that? I guess this is kinda of like the RIAA and MP3 Sharing.

Let the people of this earth enjoy emulation damn it! :ranting:

Trotterwatch

Somehow I doubt the Spanish government are going to send people out to search houses of each spanish citizen for emulation related material.

I think we'll chalk that one up to a joke shall we.

Edit://
Confirmation: You are all calm ones since the one of the law that will condemn to that they have console emulators of Sony, Nintendo, Sega and Microsoft to a jail pain... was a JOKE of the day of the INNOCENTS

Seriously how on earth could anyone believe for even 1 second that this was true? lol

Last edited:
OP
D

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
...sincerely: what kind of wicked webmaster could post such a perverse joke? Especially in an well-known and well-conceipted site?

Even though, there's a point: Emulation isn't yet held as totally legal ; the fact is that doesn't worth sue someone who cannot afford the costs of a trial... there's still the need to prove, case by case, that 'X' emulator haven't infriged any intellectual property rights... - AFAIK, only reverse engineering is held as 'lawful', and only in strict situations...

Last edited:

2fast4u

Dee Dark said:
...sincerely: what kind of wicked webmaster could post such a perverse joke? Especially in an well-known and well-conceipted site?

*cough* emu meat takeover of 2003 *cough* :happy:

Trotterwatch

I do think people should engage their brain before reading news stories. Do you really think it would be feasible for the Spanish government to pass a law against emulation on the 26th and then to order house to house searches accross the whole of Spain looking for these evil creations?

The answer is no it isn't :)

OP
D

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
Trotterwatch said:
[ Do you really think it would be feasible for the Spanish government to pass a law against emulation on the 26th

Maybe, as emulation legal status isn't THAT clear yet, as I've stated before...

Trotterwatch said:
and then to order house to house searches accross the whole of Spain looking for these evil creations?

Well, I've said that it was absurd, and that I didn't knew whether it was true or not...

Frankly speaking, when I read that I had the same shock as when RM first quit the scene (I mean, before we knew the percentage of his 'contribution' onto UHLE code), or when CNN announced the yankees got Saddam [good shock] - you know, something you didn't expect, and that seemed quite surreal; but then, those weren't fake news.

Last edited: