What's new

The Framerate is too high !!!

RCT

What can I do, to make a limit to the framerate. The framerate of 60 is too much...

Bye

Allnatural

How could it be too fast? 60 is the proper framerate for NTSC roms.
I suppose you could use PAL roms, which run at 50. Otherwise, there's nothing you can do.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Hmmm, the game is designed to run at 60. That should run the same as the console... (try changing CF)

PAL roms will not change it, the internal timing of the game will be the same.

Eagle

aka Alshain
/me slaps forehead

Aye Aye Aye!

Hehe, I need to find an image of Dilbert doing this so I can post it on all the silly questions.

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
If it's true that PJ64 isn't capable of 50VI/sec limiting on PAL ROMs, then *gulp* use 1964, it has a definite PAL 50VI/sec limit option. I personally haven't got any PAL ROMs here for testing though.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Sorry to tell you this guys, but pj64(could be jabo's D3D only though) isn't always accurate(differs from the N64 speed) about the speeds (e.g. blast corps, SSB)

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Ogy said:
Sorry to tell you this guys, but pj64(could be jabo's D3D only though) isn't always accurate(differs from the N64 speed) about the speeds (e.g. blast corps, SSB)

I noticed that in Zelda, always seems like 2 FPS slower (2 REAL fps, as in it's getting 16 not 18 or whatever it's supposed to be) even though it's ceilinged at 60 VIs... 1964 doesn't have this problem, I assume it is a core timing thing.:bunny:

Play the part when you're walking up Ganon's Tower on UHLE then run PJ64 at the same place and I can definitely tell the difference...

And don't say it's my computer, it's at 60 VIs and <50% CPU usage.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
what so it's been through 5 versions, thousands of players and countless cycles of beta testing and no-one's ever mentioned that? i don't think so.