What's new

The Downside of Cel-shading

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
*cough* all F1 and American Football games *cough* *cough*

Yeah, but at the end of the day, I don't buy every update of an F1 game just because I like the series. Unlike the fanboys who'll buy every edition of Zelda, even if it was shyte.

Josep

eyerun4phun
blizz said:
the gamecube can do that detail but that would affect the draw distance, which is oh so good in Zelda: TWW

errmm...i have yet to see a game that would be that detailed on GC, and DON'T say fuckin metroid prime, that shit has flaws all over it IN COMPARISON to other games;) keep that in mind, so i won't here bitching;)

OP
blizz

blizz

Josep said:
errmm...i have yet to see a game that would be that detailed on GC, and DON'T say fuckin metroid prime, that shit has flaws all over it IN COMPARISON to other games;) keep that in mind, so i won't here bitching;)

Metroid Prime bitch!! :p nah the textures aren't all that in places in there but the gameplay detail is high, have you been looking are REmake, Resi0 or even the Resi4 footage though? :p

OP
blizz

blizz

Jaz said:
Yeah, but at the end of the day, I don't buy every update of an F1 game just because I like the series. Unlike the fanboys who'll buy every edition of Zelda, even if it was shyte.

you lying little bitch!

This is call because I'm secure in my masculinity isn't it. :p

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
My crazy zelda/japanese fanboy brother has got his hands on the zelda game with the oot and that ura version. The celda looks nice, but in some parts ive noticed that theres is some lagin, but it doesnt matter the game is fun even when ive got no idea what the crap im doin since i dont kno jap.

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
The conversion of Zelda into cel shaded graphics is just the latest proof that Nintendo is still a kiddie company, perhaps even getting worse. I have a Gamecube, and I want my Zelda like it should be. Too many changes like this is what killed Sega off hardware and SNK completely. Diehard Miyamoto fans just can't admit to themselves that for once he screwed up on the descision making.

Last edited:

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
Have you played the game? ....no, which proves the point you dont even know what your talking about. Theres parts in the game where it is dark maybe not scary scary but when was zelda oot scary. To me the games are kinda the same but the people have bigger eyes andthats its in cel shading, but to say that it will effect the gameplay is jumping the boat a bit. Crabby boss looks kinda scary tho.:plain:

Last edited:

Dr. Famicom

Talks Out Of His Ass
UltraThing said:
I think that the celda idea was pure genius. To me it looks awesome, and fantastic in the sense of being "like or reminding one of a fantasy."

If they had tried to go photorealistic with Zelda (which they may still do later of course) it would have inevitably been getting compared to every other game out there on the market with awesome graphics but shitty or redundant gameplay. It could have been lost in the wash if it looked like every other game getting released. Since it is cel-shaded, it defies direct comparison to the graphics of other games, and even though a lot of people are upset about it, it will still cause the press to concentrate more on plot and gameplay when reviewing the game. I honestly believe that Zelda would not have gotten the 40/40 score over in Japan last week if it had the usual graphics. Look at Metroid Prime - Nintendo releases a masterpiece and hardly anyone blinks. Well, people blinked of course but immediately you got the inevitable comparisons to SplinterCell, Halo, and the ubiquitous PC FPS - totally different games when it comes to gamplay and style, but that didn't stop the ignorant.

I'm giving Zelda the same open-minded, unbiased chance to thrill me that the fans in Japan gave it ... 407,000 sold in two days.

I say UltraThing still has the most valid point on this thing.
With this new Zelda the way it is, no one in their right mind can call it "just a remake".

gokuss4

Meh...
cel-shade looks awesome. I mean i would love it if they also did a photorealistic game. both would be great and not like a remake. i'd say the new zelda would have GREAT gameplay like all zelda games in the past, well oot mostly.

Originally posted by Josep
errmm...i have yet to see a game that would be that detailed on GC, and DON'T say fuckin metroid prime, that shit has flaws all over it IN COMPARISON to other games keep that in mind, so i won't here bitching

about Metroid Prime, i dont see ANYTHING wrong with that game! that game is awesome, i tried it and the graphics were just AWESOME and the gameplay was also great! like the rain drops on your HUD it looks really realistic, and when you come out of the water you see the water splashing off your beam weapon. it's awesome! and the charge up and fire of the beam weapon is great. when you fire the beam weapon at full charge you can see like a distortion around the beam ball.

overall i give metroid prime a 9/10. hell a 10/10 if i played it more ;).

dont i sound like some kind of game reviewer? :happy:

Josep

eyerun4phun
gokuss4 said:

dont i sound like some kind of game reviewer? :happy:

no you dork;) the technology is already dated cuz it took 'em a shit load of time to make it, and you sound like a 15 year old ranting about 'Cool' graphics;) hey, your the one that plays pokemon emulated;) Don't get all butt hurt, i'm just against metroid prime being as good as everyone wants it to be;)

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
me thinks that some people will call any game crap no matter how good it is just because they A.) want to piss everyone off and 2.) they WANT to hate it but cant admit that it's better than their presious Shenmue or Earth Bound and PSO or whatever the hell they LOVE to play. those people i call HATE BOYS!!!!! much the same way a "Fan Boy" will say they love a game just because they WANT it to be good and dont believe that God would allow a game in their holly series to suck. but from what i have seen and heard about this new zelda game it's the best yet. Picking up enimies weapons is a new thing in zelda. graphic detail. all that kind of crap is amazing. and everyone says that they have IMPROVED on game play which is what zelda is all about isn't it. Game play not graphics and stupid crap that doesn't matter. but this game has BOTH. lets not forget that some of the best games were made for the SNES which had much worse graphics compared to this and lets also not forget (before you call me a fan boy) that i HATED the second zelda.

Last edited:

Josep

eyerun4phun
Tri-Force said:
(before you call me a fan boy)

FAN BOY

ok you were asking for it;)

wtf, we can't have a babe thread, yet mark can have that freak'n bizzare av?! errr....o wait, he only has 110 posts...NM;)