What's new

The Direct 3D problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Zeotronic

Zeotronic

Sence we're sorta getting off topic... so will I. Has anyone hear about the new blackbox feature that Microsoft is going to put into new computers? Think building your own would get around that?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Zeotronic said:
Sence we're sorta getting off topic... so will I. Has anyone hear about the new blackbox feature that Microsoft is going to put into new computers? Think building your own would get around that?

I haven't heard of this one. Chances are, if this is what it sounds like (a record of everything done on the pc), then this will probably be integrated into the OS and not the hardware. If that's the case, it shouldn't effect the ability for a person to build a custom system.

OP
Zeotronic

Zeotronic

No shit it is... But they can do that now... I'm pretty sure its in the patriot act... But lets not get into that... politics hurt my head more then programming does.

OP
Zeotronic

Zeotronic

I haven't heard of this one. Chances are, if this is what it sounds like (a record of everything done on the pc), then this will probably be integrated into the OS and not the hardware. If that's the case, it shouldn't effect the ability for a person to build a custom system.
Yea... but thats not what I ment... I ment would you be able to build a way around it... but from the way your looking at it, I don't think so. Because inevitably it would take up alot of space. Cus, where else is it gonna save but your hard drive, weather initially or after it uses up some other pre-designated space.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Zeotronic said:
Yea... but thats not what I ment... I ment would you be able to build a way around it... but from the way your looking at it, I don't think so. Because inevitably it would take up alot of space. Cus, where else is it gonna save but your hard drive, weather initially or after it uses up some other pre-designated space.

Now you're suggesting that M$ plans to make an end user designate a large portion of their hard drive (unwiliingly)? If this impossibility were to ever happen, there's a simple answer: install a really big hard drive. Duh! :p

PS: Do you have any links or information to support this little theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.