What's new

The best way to deal with spyware, virii, etc.?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
If you were in my family and kept doing that, you'd have thrown out a lot of pc's by this point ;)

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Adaware is pretty good, just keep the definitions updated. And if all else fails, reformat and reinstall. Windows never runs any better than it does the first day you put it in. ;)

DreamcastFan

heh.. be sure you guys actually click on the link and read the article. I think only a f***ing dumba** would throw out their computer because of a virus. I can remove viruses and spywares easily. And if that fails, just reformat and reinstall windows.. "cheaper and faster to trash your old pc and buy a new one"??? what is this bullshit LOL this guy sounds like some rich mofo

ssj9vegeto0

if your on windows xp and get a virus that u cant remove even with norton save ur stuff on a dsc then continually hit f11 at your desktop dont do it unless ur comp is screwed up trust me all ur stuff is deleted when u do this but ur computer works brand new ^_^ no better than brand new ^_^ ^_^

Miretank

Lurking
recently I have done a mega-cleaning here. a guy said that I would need to reinstall windows...but i got a lot of programs (spybot s&d, HijackThis and Spy Sweeper- the last 2 are really good) and started the chase against the badwares... some did not show up, so I needed to remove them mannually. and i did, my pc is new again :happy: I just uninstalled Norton and all his side-progs, they just occupy soo much of the sys and do not protect a thing, imho. using now AVG.

onemustfall

Beta tester wanabe
Use Norton system works 2005 with latest definitions. Can't complain about Norton. Keeps my PC running for a long time... lol... its a lot better than throwing away a comp and getting a new one. I don't know about you but it is a pain for me to reload windows: because i have to back up my data. When I have reloaded my pc it runs like Windows was ment to run :happy: