What's new

The Best N64 Emulator Ever!!!

pH0eN1x

I started this thread because i don't know and i didn't see if anyone has ever think about this: It has been along time when it came the first pc proccessor with built-in 32+64 bit system (athlon 64). And now intel has a new 64 bit proccesor. I thought "64bit cpu", but nintendo 64 has also an 64bit cpu. First of all iwant to say that i don't know many on how n64 works but i know that is a 64-bit system and i think because of this we cant emulate it without slowdowns and gfx problems even if we have a powerfull pc. As i can see now with the new gfx cards and the new Direct64 plug-in the emulation in some games is better because of DirectX9. So you could make an emulator only for 64 bit cappable systems. I think that if is this the problem all the emulation problems of n64 will disappear. Finally they are some cpus which are more powerful than others like power mac dual cpus "G5" and and ithink can emulate without slowdowns. So why not trying to make a better n64 emulator (i don't say that the emulators that exist are not good, only that they are playing Mario64 !without! problem is enough :happy: ). All you amazing guys who made n64 emulation possible unite yourself to make the best emu for N64. I'm waitting some answers on my questions. Thanx for the time you spend! :happy:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
The only difference it would make is that the host processor can emulate the core at faster speeds.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Uh.. yeah. AlphaWolf's right.

And that being said.. a 1+ GHz 32 bit CPU should handle most N64 games fine in PJ64/1964.

OP
pH0eN1x

pH0eN1x

Ok you have a point. But i'm always reading here problems with the framebuffer. If someone release a graphics plug-in which can make use of two graphic card. The second gfx card can proccess the framebuffer and then all the games with heavy or not heavy use of framebuffer can then run at full speed and with the framebuffer settings at max. I know that a pci geforce 2 costs only 10-20 euro so it is also cheap

Allnatural

pH0eN1x said:
Ok you have a point. But i'm always reading here problems with the framebuffer. If someone release a graphics plug-in which can make use of two graphic card. The second gfx card can proccess the framebuffer and then all the games with heavy or not heavy use of framebuffer can then run at full speed and with the framebuffer settings at max. I know that a pci geforce 2 costs only 10-20 euro so it is also cheap
Won't work.

A software plugin on the other hand...