What's new

The best emulator of N64? and plugin?

Link-GC

Banned
Hello. I'm a new user. There wanted to know which is his(her,your) Nintendo's better emulator 64, or the one that normally they use.
And that plugins use.

And yes someone can help me in choosing some good emulator for my PC:

AMD Atlohn (tm) 1333 + 256 MB DDR SDRAM with GeForce 2 MX 100/200 32 MB.

Thank you from Venezuela

machspeed

Dead Guy
i think 1964 v0.9.9 is best if you play netplay(for now)...otherwise, Project 64 is definately the way to go... As for the plugins, Jabo's Direc3D6 and all of Rice's Plugins are best in my opinion...Sound: You wanna go with Jabo's since that works best for me...and the best controller input is Nrage's newest...You can get all this here at emutalk, www.ngemu.com or www.emulation64.com

You may want to consider upgrading you computer before you dig too far into this

machspeed :gunman:

revl8er

That Damn Good
For your specs, you can use either pj64 1.5 sp1 or 1964 0.99. For your plugins you can try using either jabo's 1.5.1, rice's plugin, or glide64+evoodoo. For sound you can use either jabo's plugin or one of azimer's plugin.

OP
Link-GC

Link-GC

Banned

Thanks for reply me.

I am now using Project 64 SP1 with plugins video Jabo's Direct3D6. But the game not see perfectly. The sound i'm using is the Jabo's. The sound is listened to sometimes badly. I'm don't know if this is normal. For example, in Zelda Ocarina of Time, in ocassions, the sound listened bad. And sometimes the game slows down.

In any case now assurance I put an image in order that they see since the game sees me.

And, excume for my english level that is not very good
:crazy:

OP
Link-GC

Link-GC

Banned

This is an image using Project 64 1.5 SP1, and the plugin gln64 (the last), and playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (u) (v1.0) (with a patch in spanish :rolleyes: :D )

Zelaoot.PNG

Why does it see like that?

Another thing: the plugin Jabo's3D6 have any filter? for example, 2xsai? or super eagle ?

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Orkin's plugins are for high end cards (> Radeon 7500 anyway) so I don't use them, but see if the plugin settings have an "Emulate Clear" option. If it does then that should fix it.

OP
Link-GC

Link-GC

Banned
This plugin haven't this option (Emulate Clear). Then.... what is the best plugin for Zelda Ocarina of Time (u) (v1.0)??? and his config....

Luctor

Link-GC said:
This plugin haven't this option (Emulate Clear). Then.... what is the best plugin for Zelda Ocarina of Time (u) (v1.0)??? and his config....

I used Jabos latest plugin with PJ64 and it showed well all grapchics, except from a few known little bugs.
I just tryed the latest Rice WIP plugin and it looks better for this game than Jabos im some cases, like it displays the textures much detailed and it seem to me that it can emulate some kind of dynamic lights as well, but I havent played it much jet.
No need to check emulation clear if you dont get that flaw with other plugins like I did.
But Im still interested too that maybe someone can write here his experiances too about what is the best plugin+emulator combination and setting to get the best visual performance with Zelda OoT.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I believe someone was mistaken on the 1964k is the best for netplay.. altho it is the best, noone uses it b/c noone wants to change. You will see 900% (nine hundred) more pj64k games than you will see 1964k.

yumero

i would use glide64 + evoodoo for your graphics. it's usually the best way to go for low to mid end computers.

Clements

Link-GC said:
This is an image using Project 64 1.5 SP1, and the plugin gln64 (the last), and playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (u) (v1.0) (with a patch in spanish :rolleyes: :D )

http://usuarios.lycos.es/linkgc/Zelaoot.PNG

Why does it see like that?

Another thing: the plugin Jabo's3D6 have any filter? for example, 2xsai? or super eagle ?

1. You need to enable the Hardware framebuffer in glN64()'s settings.

2. No, it was discontinued before 2xSAI/hqXx filters became popular.

3. You can't read this since you are banned. :p

Clements

Name bans yes, IP bans, no, AFAIK. Usually banned members can't figure out that they have to log out or clear cookies to see the board, or realise they are not welcome and leave. A few will re-register, but they are usually IP banned if they come back.

Link-GCN

You are very bad. Only I asked nicely and then I apologized because it did not know and banned me. Ok, the certain thing is that already I am of return. But now with more problems. When I play, this one gives me mistake in punctual situations: "I need to add more code in GenerateSectionLinkage cause this is going to cause an exception." And one takes out the program.

?? Help Me!

talion78

Project 64 Plating over a Network

i have just downloaded projetc 64 and the Noote-DI plugin for it.

How do you use it to play someone else over a network? can you?

i have also downloaded Kaillera server software, but cannot get it too play games for Project 64.

Has anyone had any luck with playng over a network? Is there a better emultor to do this?

I don't want to play on the Internet just a network, any suggestions would be a great help

:cyclops: