What's new

The Best Emulator For Zelda Majoras Mask?

SithLord666

Banned
hi i was wondering what is the best emulator for Zelda Majoras Mask?
cause it runs half way decent on project64 but still very very slow!
there has got to be an emulator that makes it run really good!
its probally my computer, im getting a new computer in a week
the new one has,
1.8GHz AMD64-bit Processor 128mb (adding more memory then that)
and gonna get a new video card,
somebody know of some really good working Emulators Besides Project64??
ive tried Ultra But Everytime i download it i get an Error message!
Missing File Or Something.

Last edited:

XplisitLyrix

Metal-Head Gamer
Which version of Project64 do you use? I know that I was using 1.5 when I first got it and the only problem with it was the slow menu loading. I belive 1.6 fixed this. Sounds like we have close to the same PC stats as well. If switching emu's doesn't work, try changing video plugins.

dukenukem

lord freiza
be more helpful and tell me what error you receive with 1964 because it works fine for me in 1964 and pj64.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
XplisitLyrix said:
Which version of Project64 do you use? I know that I was using 1.5 when I first got it and the only problem with it was the slow menu loading. I belive 1.6 fixed this. Sounds like we have close to the same PC stats as well. If switching emu's doesn't work, try changing video plugins.

i have the latest version of P64, the computer i have now is a 500MHz Processor 64MB Video Card, And 256MB Of Ram, However Get My New Pc In 7 Days! :p
anyway, ive tried all the video plugins and sound plugins and everything,
im probally gonna have to wait for my new pc to play roms, but oh well! lol

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
dukenukem said:
be more helpful and tell me what error you receive with 1964 because it works fine for me in 1964 and pj64.

well i deleted it the other day, this is what happens, i load a rom its starts to run but (very slow) then it does that weird error message and closes the emulator out! :(
im just gonna wait to try it when i get my new pc and new video card!

XplisitLyrix

Metal-Head Gamer
Well good luck! The only other thing I could think of is unistalling and then re-installing the emulator, but you may have already tried that. It could be a bad rom too, can't know for sure.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
XplisitLyrix said:
Well good luck! The only other thing I could think of is unistalling and then re-installing the emulator, but you may have already tried that. It could be a bad rom too, can't know for sure.

yea i tried that to! :(

Toasty

Sony battery
You already decided on this, but my suggestion would have been to wait for the new PC. It will be more than capable. :)

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
Toasty said:
You already decided on this, but my suggestion would have been to wait for the new PC. It will be more than capable. :)

yea most likely, wondering if it will work with onboard video?

Clements

Onboard video is in general very poor, but a few new types are 'fairly decent' feature-wise (6200TC built-in, 6100, ATi Express series), although will almost always lack the speed of even budget add-in cards. Onboard video may be useful as a full-back option or if you wish to switch to PCI-E but cannot afford to buy a video card, or if your main card fails, or for people who do not play any (modern) games.

Bad onboard includes Intel, SiS, VIA (Savage) and older ATi and NVIDIA onboard video - these are below PJ64's minimum requirements.

Toasty

Sony battery
It should. My old POS 633 MHz Celeron with integrated graphics ran an N64 emulator okay, albeit at a fairly low resolution. Integrated graphics have improved quite a bit over the past few years too, you should be fine.

OP
SithLord666

SithLord666

Banned
Clements said:
Onboard video is in general very poor, but a few new types are 'fairly decent' feature-wise (6200TC built-in, 6100, ATi Express series), although will almost always lack the speed of even budget add-in cards. Onboard video may be useful as a full-back option or if you wish to switch to PCI-E but cannot afford to buy a video card, or if your main card fails, or for people who do not play any (modern) games.

Bad onboard includes Intel, SiS, VIA (Savage) and older ATi and NVIDIA onboard video - these are below PJ64's minimum requirements.

Damn Dude you know a lot about computers! :)